DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Godfather
499 Posts
The 72's are quite impressive cats. Fast, Fast, Fast. 37+ knots today. Problem is, unlike many of the 12 meter Cup races of the 70's and 80's, the best 72, not the best crew, will end up winning the 2013 Cup. While much slower, painfully slow at times, I prefer the skill, tactics and variables of 12 meter Americas Cup racing.

· Godfather
499 Posts
While the venue may be nice for the Wharf Front viewers, it seems as if the course is to small for the speeds these boats are reaching. I'd like to see the boundry lines widened making more of the Bay's currents and wind shifts available to the crews.

· Godfather
499 Posts
Watched the last of the Louis Vuitton Cup Finals over the weekend. As bad as Chris Draper and team Luna Rosa took it to Team Artemis in the semis, Dean Barker and the crew of ETNZ made that match look competitive by comparison. If not for a mechanical failure in race #2, it would have been a 7-0 sweep by the Kiwi's

As I alluded to earlier, we may know by the end of the first or second leg of the AC Finals which team will ultimatly take home the cup. If the boat speeds are close (.25 -.5 kts. maybe), crew tactics and skill could possibly overcome the difference in speed. If not, I see myself fast forwarding thru much of the challenge.

I still am amazed at the speeds the 72's are reaching. I think I saw in race #7 where the Kiwis hit 56 mph!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.