DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Legend
Joined
·
266 Posts
I feel that children should not be allowed on these type of shows and last night proved that. They are not emotionally equipped for rejection and thus it is cruel to have them subjected to rejection in front of so many people. The parents should be ashamed.

As far as the dog act, I thought it was a legitimate talent and very well done. This is indeed a talent and worthy of the show unlike the many self-mutilation acts (I am looking at you Mr. Needle through the chin and you Mr. Kick in the Package) that they have.
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holydoc said:
I feel that children should not be allowed on these type of shows and last night proved that. They are not emotionally equipped for rejection and thus it is cruel to have them subjected to rejection in front of so many people. The parents should be ashamed.

As far as the dog act, I thought it was a legitimate talent and very well done. This is indeed a talent and worthy of the show unlike the many self-mutilation acts (I am looking at you Mr. Needle through the chin and you Mr. Kick in the Package) that they have.
Age limit, minimum 16 years of age

Yeah, I hate those self-mutilation acts, they are grouse and stupid
 

·
Dry as a bone
Joined
·
12,566 Posts
Holydoc said:
This is indeed a talent and worthy of the show unlike the many self-mutilation acts (I am looking at you Mr. Needle through the chin and you Mr. Kick in the Package) that they have.
Agreed. The worst part about these types of acts is that this is one of the few prime time shows I can watch with my kids - and they love it. But I have to fastforward through these types of acts and sometimes I don't know when they're coming. Last night had the guy getting hit in the nuts over and over. I don't really want my 6 year old watching that, but by the time I realized what was happening it was too late.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
16,344 Posts
I wasn't sure about Howard, never listened to his radio show really, but didn't seem like my kind of thing. But he's fantastic on AGT. It is nice to have an American born judge again, though nothing against Brits or Canucks.
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dpeters11 said:
I wasn't sure about Howard, never listened to his radio show really, but didn't seem like my kind of thing. But he's fantastic on AGT. It is nice to have an American born judge again, though nothing against Brits or Canucks.
And this is my Stage was one very funny comment :lol: And I think it took Howie and Sharon by surprise :lol:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,099 Posts
Holydoc said:
I feel that children should not be allowed on these type of shows and last night proved that. They are not emotionally equipped for rejection and thus it is cruel to have them subjected to rejection in front of so many people. The parents should be ashamed.
Since the premise of the show is to find a new headliner for a Vegas act, how can children be in there to win? If they won the show, I don't think they can do a headliner show because of their age and headliner shows are all night shows.
 

·
Charter Gold Club Member
Joined
·
22,056 Posts
lparsons21 said:
Since the premise of the show is to find a new headliner for a Vegas act, how can children be in there to win? If they won the show, I don't think they can do a headliner show because of their age and headliner shows are all night shows.
That may be the premise, but the purpose of the show is to make money. Few, if any kids' acts will be signed in Vegas. But kids' acts attract tv viewers, and the more tv viewers the show has, the more money it rakes in.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
266 Posts
Nick said:
That may be the premise, but the purpose of the show is to make money. Few, if any kids' acts will be signed in Vegas. But kids' acts attract tv viewers, and the more tv viewers the show has, the more money it rakes in.
Which tells you a lot about the Nielson rating viewers. These viewers are 18-49 year olds who cannot afford a DVR, who watch all commercials, who only go out on Fridays (day where the networks put shows to die), who watch shows according to what day they fall on, who will watch a bad show because they are too lazy to press the remote to turn the channel after a good show ends, and who enjoy watching young children be emotionally exploited infront of millions of people.

I consider myself a TV viewer between the ages of 18-49 who has two DVRs, never watches commercials, never watches a show the time it broadcasts, is not constrained on when I do my activities, tape shows on the basis if they are worth watching not because of what day or what show they follow, and hate to see small children exploited emotionally on tv for a goal they can never achieve. I.E., I could never be a Nielsen ratings viewer. :D
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
16,344 Posts
On a plus side, if a kid won, they would have a chance to live to see that last annuity payment without having to put it through their estate or take the lump sum. Forty years just seems like a long time.

Of course if someone gets a gig like Terry Fator, they really don't need that million bucks.
 

·
Charter Gold Club Member
Joined
·
22,056 Posts
oldschoolecw said:
If a kid was going to win, it would have been Jackie Evancho and she should have won IMO:)
I don't watch the show, so thanks for the heads-up.

Jackie Evancho - The Voice of an Angel
[YOUTUBEHD]SKhmFSV-XB0[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top