DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Andretti's decision to become a car owner as well as a driver creates more questions than answers.

For starters, will CART's winningest active driver still be racing next year?

"I don't know," Andretti says. "First we've got to see how the sponsorship thing is and how it's going to work out for me to even drive next year. I can't answer that question right now."

Will Andretti Green Racing - the new name for Team Green - stay in CART or move to the Indy Racing League?

"At this point we really don't know," he says. "It's going to be totally up to our sponsors. They'll decide it."

How about his Team Green teammates Paul Tracy and Dario Franchitti? Will either or both be re-signed?

Click here for the Full Story

· Hall Of Fame
1,036 Posts
Thanks for the link, John. It would be a hard blow for CART if Andretti goes IRL. Maybe with 3 cars already though they'll race in both series. The equipment is supposed to get more similar. That is if CART can make up it's mind and IRL doesn't change their specs to keep their distance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.