DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,487 Posts
It is one of those bottom of the screen banners that DISH uses (or has used) on all the movie channels, Speed, the Blockbuster channels and now all the news channels.

For a few seconds while the channel loads the bottom of the screen says:
Live Debate: Glenn Beck and Eliot Spitzer. Tune in to Ch. 102 on 10/2, 10PM ET.

·
Icon
913 Posts
I agree it's annoying but it isn't hurting anything. Just a consequence of evolving technology. If they can do it, they will. Just hope they don't get to the point the Motley Fool website did this week when they let one of their promoted events completely hijack the website. Open the website and this stupid thing took over so you couldn't access any part of the website. The day Dish does that is the day I leave for good.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
BillJ said:
I agree it's annoying but it isn't hurting anything. Just a consequence of evolving technology. If they can do it, they will. Just hope they don't get to the point the Motley Fool website did this week when they let one of their promoted events completely hijack the website. Open the website and this stupid thing took over so you couldn't access any part of the website. The day Dish does that is the day I leave for good.
More like evolving advertising.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
Turn off TV Enhancements, if you've not already done so. Should be Menu-Settings-Installation-TV Enhancements on most receivers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.