DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have been on Dish Bronze package for about 4 months now. For about the last month or so, there has been an annoying audio "skip" on Discovery HD Theater. It happens maybe about every minute or so, and to me, makes the channel unwatchable. It happens on both live and recorded shows on playback, and this doesn't happen on any other channels, HD or otherwise. I have also rebooted the vip622 several times this month to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't help but think this is in the stream and not related to my box, since it doesn't happen on any other channels. Please help!! Thanks.

·
Godfather
521 Posts
thraner said:
I sent an email to that address and haven't received a reply. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Thanks.
Well, I would have said this is the much talked about "audio drop" issue which exists when using optical (Toslink) audio. (See the 211 forum). I experience it constantly & have been since getting my 211 (4) weeks ago! However that issue is on pretty much all HD channels and I believe related to DD 5.1 broadcasts. That is a known issue & engineering says they are still working to correct. FYI: I do not know if this exists on the 622 as I never really pay much attention to that forum.

However your situation (if you are sure is only on the 1 channel) may be different & I would have to say is a provider/network problem. I would do another check of all HD channels just to make sure. If it's still present only on the (1) channel, I would try again with the e-mail route. Sometimes I have to send 2-3 e-mails to get a response.

Ken

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply!! I am using optical connected to Samsung 5.1 home theater, and I am 99% sure that I don't get the dropouts on other HD channels during pure 5.1 output. For instance, we watched The 40-Year Old Virgin on HBOHD last weekend, and it was in 5.1, but did not get as much as a single dropout. I can get multiple dropouts per 5-minute period on DSCHD though. I will definitely verify this weekend. Thanks again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.