DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I received the 10B update my hr20 has locked up at least once a day. This problem existed about 4 updates ago and has since come back with this latest software.

What a pain, the FA update was flawless compared to this.

Hope another update is coming real soon, I am tired of missing recordings and having to re-boot.

One step forward two steps back.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Have you tried a reformat? Haven't had a lockup since 0xFA (a week with 0x108 and now almost a week with 0x10B) and all told I've had about 3 lockups in 9-1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I would start to consider hardware as the issue as well.

The only lock up that I have had is when I am messing around with trying to play recorded materail and stopping it, deleting it, then trying to play it again just because it says it is there.

I like doing negative testing.

·
Legend
115 Posts
I'd have them swap mine out if it was locking up like that. I've only had mine going on 3 days now, but no lockups yet... lets hope it stays that way.. But seriously, call of D* and tell them to send you another.

·
Legend
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not have any for over two months and they just started happening with the 10B. It looks like it locks up when it starts to record a local HD channel. I really don't think it is a hardware issue, I think it is the latest update.

·
Cool Member/Supporter
246 Posts
Score023 said:
Since I received the 10B update my hr20 has locked up at least once a day. This problem existed about 4 updates ago and has since come back with this latest software.

What a pain, the FA update was flawless compared to this.

Hope another update is coming real soon, I am tired of missing recordings and having to re-boot.

One step forward two steps back.
I am sure glad I dont share in your troubles. Miy HR20 is working very good. I have never done a reboot and get all my locals OTA. I am pleased with this IRD.

·
Legend
113 Posts
Lockups here too. If I have a recording over an hour long, there's a good chance the HR20 will either reboot itself or it will lockup and I will have to RBR. I'm really encouraged by the fact that delete/no delete programs are no longer removed with an RBR and are usually viewable after doing so. The lockups are frustrating though...

Sully

·
Icon
685 Posts
I had mine for 2 weeks and it worked fine until this newest software. It kept locking up and tech support had me do a full reset. It still locked up. I told them that based on other experiences here I thought it was a software problem. They said hold on for 2 weeks for next software version. Yesterday my power went off for 2 minutes. All my other dvr's rebooted fine. The HR20 erased most of the shows I had just recorded! I had them all protected. I was pissed. Never lost a show before on my HR10 or my VIP622's. I called and ordered a new box and got some money back. If I wasn't addicted to Sunday Ticket/Superfan I would bail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.