DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this makes the 3rd month with my New 501. I was praising this unit last week. Well guess what? since P154 the unit kept on flashing searching for satellite signal.

Last night the unit was locked up on serching for signal(015). I spent 2 hours with 3 different CSR's. The last one was a special tech. I did everything from swapping swicthes to swapping boxes and unpluging,pulling smart card and 5 minute reboot.

After doing all this the unit finally got signal. Well today the same thing all over again. I called again and they are sending me another unit. They are also charging me $14.95.

I told her this is my 4th unit in a year and a 1/2. I have been charged this twice before. With this next one it makes it $44.85 I have paid dish with 4 weeks of being without my unit. She say's she can wave this fee if I use CC autopay ( an incentive promo). CC autopay has nothing to do with sending back their piece of junk for another piece of junk! I find this insulting.

She say's she can make an ajustment for being without the unit, but because I have a 2nd unit it will only be $5.00 OOOHH boy. I say's what about the last 3. That would make it $20.00. nope old new's.

I am getting tired of this same old same old ruitine with them. I just want a unit that works right. The more this happens the more I am against the merger. They are just not taking care of their customers.

Just think I went and gave them another chance after 3 dishpayers and bought a 501 instead of a directivo. "Geesh" what was I thinking?:mad:

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
What kind of signal strength are you getting on 110 and 119? I think the 501 is a bit more sensitive to weak signal that the 301. Also, you may want to do a front panel reset followed by a check switch.

Have you also tried a different outlet?

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup I tried all that. The signal is 0. It was 85 on 110° and 115 on 119°. I even hooked it up to the line going to my 4900 and still nothing. My 4900 is working fine. For some reason it wont detect signal strengh. I think someone else in this group is having the same problem.

·
Icon
643 Posts
Just for some persepective - my TiVo froze up, so Philips sent me a warranty replacement which arrived yesterday.

Well, this TiVo won't go through Guided Setup correctly, so I'm going to have to have a 3rd one sent to me.

It seems creating a small box for $200 to digitally record video is not easy to do correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.