DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I soon will be upgrading to HD, I currently have SDTV with R16's. I would like to get 2 Samsung HDTV's, Large one for the living room and smaller in the bedroom, I like the RVU option for the Genie. my question is the one in the bedroom if i understand right i will not need a Genie mini as long as it is RVU correct? And if i don't do i still need to pay the 6.00 dollars since i won't have a box in the bedroom.
Thank you for any your advice and tips you can offer.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
If you choose to get a Samsung smart TV (the ES series) you can use it without a Genie Client. However, you'll still have to pay $6 a month, and you will need a good wired ethernet connection to the TV (wireless doesn't really cut it.)

·
Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, as I was checking out different models I did notice there where two model types "ES" and "EH" and I wasn't sure if what I had read was true and all 2012 models would be RVU compatible. I read that on the Samsung website.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I can't confirm the EH models, I should be getting a full list soon. I've been told the ES models are RVU compatible now.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
If it was me, based on how Samsung has been rolling out the RVU update (very slowly) I think I'd go with the C31 client. For ongoing support issue I think it would make life easier since basically except for the actual TV DIRECTV would be supporting all of it so you eliminate a possible point to allow finger pointing to occur.

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
RAD said:
If it was me, based on how Samsung has been rolling out the RVU update (very slowly) I think I'd go with the C31 client. For ongoing support issue I think it would make life easier since basically except for the actual TV DIRECTV would be supporting all of it so you eliminate a possible point to allow finger pointing to occur.
Agree! If you have not purchased the TV's yet, I wouldn't worry about the TV itself being RVU compliant. I would get the TV I liked for the price I liked, and go for the C31 client.

·
Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, your advise was very helpful to me to make the right decisions, I hope Directv is helpful when I'm ready to install. I called them the other day and they told me it would cost $447.00 to come out and install and i don't even think that include any C31's and I been a customer since 1996.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.