DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded an PPV movie on channel 99, after playing it for about 5 mins. it stops playing and I get a "searching for authorized content" message. This is the second try at recording a movie on 99, both with the same results. I called D but they were useless. Does anyone have any thoughts? I searched for answers but found nothing conclusive

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
How long between "record" and playing back.

I have had this problem, when I recorded something and it was a month or so later.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
HDTVsportsfan said:
Does D* give you your 3.99/4.99 back for something like that.
I've haven't recorded a PPV yet on the HR20, I'm just curious.
I imagine they would though.
Depends on the circumstances...

I have only seen it when I hadn't "purchased" it yet...

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Depends on the circumstances...

I have only seen it when I hadn't "purchased" it yet...
hhhmmm.....Could you or someone else educate me please? Waat's special/different about PPV on 99. I just figured any PPV, you had to "purchase" the movies/event first anyway to record it? What am I missing? This may be so painfully obvious...you putting quotes arounds purchased obviously means something.
Thanks.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
On the DVR+ series of units; You can "record" PPV without paying for it at that time.

You pay for it when you want to watch it.

Only thing "special" about Channel 99, is that is the HD-PPV channel, and is frequently dropped from the SAT stream and Guide when bandwith is needed.

· Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
How long between "record" and playing back.

I have had this problem, when I recorded something and it was a month or so later.
The first time it was only about a week maybe ten days, the second time was the same day.

Earl can you elaborate on "something I hadn't purchased yet"?

Is there a difference in the PPV on 99 and other PPV I'm/we are not aware of?

And although it has been said many times and ways, thanks for all you do!

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
On the DVR+ series of units; You can "record" PPV without paying for it at that time.

You pay for it when you want to watch it.

Only thing "special" about Channel 99, is that is the HD-PPV channel, and is frequently dropped from the SAT stream and Guide when bandwith is needed.
Aaahhh...Thank you very much. I thought they stopped the HD PPV all together on 99. Brain cramp I guess. I do remember reading about being able to record first and pay later. Never done it though.

Thanks again.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
BillPear said:
Is there a difference in the PPV on 99 and other PPV I'm/we are not aware of?

And although it has been said many times and ways, thanks for all you do!
My only "guess" is that if the 99 has been dropped from the Guide or the SAT stream (for all sorts of reasons), that it can't find the matching "PPV" information, so it knows what to "charge" you.

99 is special in a sense that it is not always there... It is pretty the much the first thing to go when they need more bandwith for something.

· Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
My only "guess" is that if the 99 has been dropped from the Guide or the SAT stream (for all sorts of reasons), that it can't find the matching "PPV" information, so it knows what to "charge" you.

99 is special in a sense that it is not always there... It is pretty the much the first thing to go when they need more bandwith for something.
This just seems odd, The movie showed that it was 1:57 long.

As in the other thread, me thinks there may be another issue?

· Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After reading another thread I see that MI3 is showing soon in HD on PPV, a quick search of the online program guides shows that it is listed on channel 99 and also 95, but on 95 it is listed as an all day ticket. HMMMM, the first ADT in Hd I've seen and also the first one on 95.

Earl any insight to what may be going on here?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
BillPear said:
This just seems odd, The movie showed that it was 1:57 long.

As in the other thread, me thinks there may be another issue?
It has nothing to do with the actual act of recording it (it is there on the hard drive).

At about the 5 minute mark in a PPV, that is the end of the "free" portion of the PPV. AT that point, it looks to make sure the PPV has been paid for.

And my guess at what the problem is, is that the program is no longer in the guide data, hence it can't lookup the "price" or the authorization string, or what ever. Hence the error you are getting.

· Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
It has nothing to do with the actual act of recording it (it is there on the hard drive).

At about the 5 minute mark in a PPV, that is the end of the "free" portion of the PPV. AT that point, it looks to make sure the PPV has been paid for.

And my guess at what the problem is, is that the program is no longer in the guide data, hence it can't lookup the "price" or the authorization string, or what ever. Hence the error you are getting.
I see, Interesting...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.