DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a few signal questions. I start with a Slimline feeding an SWM-8, going to two H20s and an HR21-Pro, with one wire coming from the SWM. When I run signal checks on the three units, there are a few differences. One is that, say, on Sat 101, transponder 4 is zero, as is 12 and 20. On at least one of the H20s, transponder 4, for examplhas a value in the 90s.

Another is that for some of the satellites, the suffix letter is different. So, on the H21, it shows as 103(s), but on the H20s, there's a different letter.

Any explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Stanley Kritzik said:
Hi all,

I have a few signal questions. I start with a Slimline feeding an SWM-8, going to two H20s and an HR21-Pro, with one wire coming from the SWM. When I run signal checks on the three units, there are a few differences. One is that, say, on Sat 101, transponder 4 is zero, as is 12 and 20. On at least one of the H20s, transponder 4, for examplhas a value in the 90s.

Another is that for some of the satellites, the suffix letter is different. So, on the H21, it shows as 103(s), but on the H20s, there's a different letter.

Thanks,

Stan
those numbers on the 101 (4, 12, 20) are spotbeams, it is ok if they are 0

· Registered
12,607 Posts
Stanley Kritzik said:

Thanks,

Stan
On the older Receivers the new Ka-band satellites were referred to as 103(a) and 103(b). That was changed on newer Receivers to 103(s) and 103(c) to clarify which satellite had spotbeams (s), and which had Continental US (Conus) beams (c).

If you're concerned about your signal readings, or are having reception issues, post back all of your readings using this template ....

Please post back with your signal readings for each satellite's transponders (and both tuners if applicable). You'll find these readings under "Menu" -> "Setup" -> "System Setup" -> Satellite -> "View Signal Strength".

Fill in your readings for each satellite and tuner using these examples:

Satellite transponders (32 total at 101º)
[Most of your standard definition channels are beamed from 101ºW]
1-8 # # # # # # # #
9-16 # # # # # # # #
17-24 # # # # # # # #
25-32 # # # # # # # #

Satellite transponders (3 total at 110º)
[Several HD channels are beamed from 110ºW]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA #
9-16 NA # NA # NA NA NA NA

Satellite transponders (11 total at 119º)
[A few HD channels, local SD channels, and Spanish package]
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA # # #
25-32 # # # # # # # #

Satellite transponders (6 total at 99º(s))
[Local HD channels for some cities]
1-8 # # # # # # NA NA
[Note: these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(s))
[Local HD channels for some cities]
1-8 # # # # # # NA NA
9-16 NA NA NA NA NA NA # #
17-24 # # # # # # # #
[Note, these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(c))
[Most national HD channels]
1-8 # # # # # # # #
9-16 # # # # # # NA NA
17-24 # NA NA NA NA # NA NA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.