DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the phone with a tier 2 tech support person discussing a problem that I am having with my HR20. My HDMI output was working fine and suddenly the sound went out. I have a couple of things to try. New cable etc. But the interesting thing is, that he told me to wait until tomorrow before I replace the cable and try it again. There is supposedly another update being released at 2 AM. tonight. Just thought I would pass this along. I hope he is telling me the truth.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
It would seem unlikely that they would release another update a mere 2 days after the last one. If it only took that long to correct the FFWD problem, why even release the last buggy update to begin with? I severely doubt the CSRs claim, but we'll see what happens overnight...

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I told him that it seemed odd since the last update was just two days ago. I also asked what it supposedly fixed. He said that the only info that he had, is that it would address some stability issues. He put me on hold and verified that the info he was giving me was correct. Read into that what you want. It wouldn't be the first time I was lied to by a D* representative, but I don't see why he would lie about this. After we did some simple troubleshooting over the phone, I told him that I would return my cable to the store, since I recently purchased it and get a replacement. I would call back if that didn't fix it. So he would no longer have to deal with my problem anyway, unless by chance I got him again when I called back. Pretty unlikely I think. So I can't see what he would have to gain by lying.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
There is no public release scheduled for tonight.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
There is no public release scheduled for tonight.
I believe. Earl. Not saying that D*is lying; just misinformed.

·
Banned
686 Posts
i just talked to a CSR who confirmed that little DVR elves will poop out of the USB port later tonight and fix the fast forward bug by giving the unit a lollipop.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
matto said:
i just talked to a CSR who confirmed that little DVR elves will poop out of the USB port later tonight and fix the fast forward bug by giving the unit a lollipop.
oooooo.....should we leave cookies like we do for santa......and will the elves show up if we're still awake?:lol:

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After Earl's feedback, I was a little upset about possibly being lied to, so I called D* back and got a different call center. The lady I spoke with, told me that unless the other call center has some info that she does not, there is no update planned for tonight. I guess I will know for sure tomorrow morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.