DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like DirecTV is bound and determined to get me to leave.

First they take away the Tivo (I know it's coming back) then the jump to bookmark, now with my 0x59e update this morning at 2:30a...

I can no longer delete a recorded program by hitting the dash button twice, double dash delete doesn't work.

Now I have to go through the red button delete with prompt or use the Playlist Options -> mark programs to delete.

Apparently I am the only person to use these features...

I'm not usually a big complainer, I've been with DirecTV over 16 years, guess I'm getting tired of using work-arounds for things that they used to have.

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
BL3 said:
I can no longer delete a recorded program by hitting the dash button twice, double dash delete doesn't work.

Now I have to go through the red button delete with prompt or use the Playlist Options -> mark programs to delete.

Hardly! Lots were upset, but some were placated learning it really takes less than a second additional time (.2-.6 seconds) to perform the new operation.

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
BL3 said:
Looks like DirecTV is bound and determined to get me to leave.

First they take away the Tivo (I know it's coming back) then the jump to bookmark, now with my 0x59e update this morning at 2:30a...

I'm not usually a big complainer, I've been with DirecTV over 16 years, guess I'm getting tired of using work-arounds for things that they used to have.
While you can't jump directly to a bookmark from the menu anymore, you can skip there. Press FF then the SKIP button to jump to the next tickmark or bookmark, whichever comes next.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shades228 said:
Not placated so much as though who were upset also realized that constant complaining would be futile.
I'd have to agree with this. Seems like DirecTV's model isn't one that takes into account how a subscriber uses the equipment.

I've figured out the way to navigate the bookmarks and delete, but it's not the easiest way and they way that it was being done.

Like I said, it's just one more thing that pushes people away, that along with the lack of BBC in HD, but that's another thread...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.