DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shown by an amazing person another way to "serve" up the music and photos to the hr20. its called twonky, found at http://www.twonkyvision.com you install it on any comptuer and tell it where the photos and music is. if you install this it will need the plugins available from the same site btu once you do that it works awsome. I have it running now and love it. running my 900gb worth of mp3s on my hr20 and showing family photos like its a wall picture. i LOVE it thanks to the person who showed it to me. I dont want to get that person in trouble for showing me. if he wants to say who he is then he can he knows who he is.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
remlle said:
I was shown by an amazing person another way to "serve" up the music and photos to the hr20. its called twonky, found at http://www.twonkyvision.com you install it on any comptuer and tell it where the photos and music is. if you install this it will need the plugins available from the same site btu once you do that it works awsome. I have it running now and love it. running my 900gb worth of mp3s on my hr20 and showing family photos like its a wall picture. i LOVE it thanks to the person who showed it to me. I dont want to get that person in trouble for showing me. if he wants to say who he is then he can he knows who he is.
I feel bad for the person paying for bandwidth at this site. :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
I feel bad for the person paying for bandwidth at this site. :lol:
The link is bad or down. I get a 504 error.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Would love to see what it is but the page is still not loading. Maybe we're crashing his server. ;)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Would love to see what it is but the page is still not loading. Maybe we're crashing his server. ;)
I just pulled it up, and it comes up in a heart beat...
Maybe it is just a routing problem or something.

Try it later from home.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Will do thanks. Have you tried it? OP mentioned plug-ins and another mentioned bandwidth. Is it web-based?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Link still isn't working (neither is www.twonkyvision.de), but I'd want to try this out. I have zero interest in buying another computer to be able to view pictures on my tv, but being able to do it by just installing software would be cool. Of course then I'd need to figure out how to get the HR20 to see my network. Wireless is probably my only good option.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Will do thanks. Have you tried it? OP mentioned plug-ins and another mentioned bandwidth. Is it web-based?
It is web-based.
And there are plug-ins to allow different type of audio formats and items.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mtnagel said:
Link still isn't working (neither is www.twonkyvision.de), but I'd want to try this out. I have zero interest in buying another computer to be able to view pictures on my tv, but being able to do it by just installing software would be cool. Of course then I'd need to figure out how to get the HR20 to see my network. Wireless is probably my only good option.
Hmm... I would try it again later.
It is definently up and working, could just be an temporary routing issue

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
MikeW said:
Will a Shoutcast server work on the HR20?
Not sure, never looked at it...

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Anyone tried this yet? My router is downstairs from the HR20, but the Airport Express which is right there behind the HR-20 has an ethernet port. Wondering if I could hook it up? Don't know squat about bridging, but i would think the AE acts like one.
Any thoughts? I'll guinea pig it later if no one has tried by then.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It's working for me know.

But, currently, there is no way to get wireless to work from the HR20 to my network, correct?

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Link is working for me now. Try it again.

Earl Bonovich said:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts

·
Icon
869 Posts
I wonder if I need to use Twonkey on my XP Home Box. My router gives the HR20 an IP and it shows up in my list of Dynamic hosts. But I can not ping the IP for the HR20 nor does it show up in the device list on WMP11.

Should I scrap MP at this time?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
packfan909 said:
I wonder if I need to use Twonkey on my XP Home Box. My router gives the HR20 an IP and it shows up in my list of Dynamic hosts. But I can not ping the IP for the HR20 nor does it show up in the device list on WMP11.

Should I scrap MP at this time?
Reboot your HR20... as it should be responding to a ping.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.