DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my set up:

Slimline dish to WB68 multiswitch feeding two HR20-700's and 1 H20-100.

I had no problems initially receiving the "new" MPEG4 HD signals from D11 when channels were moved there a few weeks ago. A few days ago I got a blank recording on something I recorded on 245 (TNT). I checked and found a blank screen there. Checking the other HD channels I tend to watch, I found no problems. At the time it had not occurred to me that it related to the D11 satellite. I reset the DVR, and it seemed to be working normally. Last night I again had no picture on 245. I checked today and found that I have no picture on any of the D11 channels. Checking my other DVR I find it too has no picture on any of the D11 channels, but the H20 does. In addition, all the transponder strengths on the H20 are excellent, and on both HR20's they are either in the 80's to 90's or 0. It is not odds or evens, just a random pattern. And they vary so if I check 99(c) I get one set of numbers, but if I go to another satellite and then back to 99(c) I get a different set just seconds later.

So is the problem with the multiswitch and if so the one at the satellite or the WB68? Is it with the BBC's (though how could all 4BBC's go bad at the same time?) Or is it something else I'm not thinking of?

BTW, every channel I have checked for every other satellite seems to come in perfectly.

TIA

SMK

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Why don't you first bypass temporarily your multi-switch with double-female "barrel" adapters, connecting your receiver to any two of the dish lines to eliminate it as a possible problem. That will also give you a chance to make sure all your connections at the switch are tight and corrosion-free.

· Icon
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am actually planning to do that tonight or tomorrow morning. I don't think there's a problem with corrosion on those connections as the MS is in the attic and only there with new connections for about 1 year. OTOH, it could the switch itself. I have also recently checked all outside connections, and I did replace multiple connections there which were slightly corroded.

This morning I am not getting any D11 channels on one HR20 but get them all on the other. I really do think it's a switch problem.

SMK

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
They're more likely to be loose than corroded. This is a common problem. OTOH, you might be right that there's a problem with the switch. You could try some different ports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.