DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to the Denver metro area at the first of the year and was looking at possibly getting on with Dish at their HQ there or maybe as an installer. I'm a 10yr Navy electronics technician vet. I've been looking at the Hardware Technician openings that they've had for quite some time.

I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any inside info to the company and how they treat their people. If anyone would care to give me any info or possibly get a referral feel free to PM or email me. Thanks.

Mike Morgan
michaelmorgan1(at)gmail.com

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Glad you are here. However if there are any Dish Network employees on this board, I highly recommend they DO NOT identify themselves or give any hints as such. Dish does not allow their employees to hang here and devulge company info or represent Dish. So if you value your jobs, do not identify yourselves as employees in any way.

See ya
Tony

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
TNGTony said:
Dish does not allow their employees to hang here and devulge company info or represent Dish.
I wouldn't go that far, but it is always wise to NOT speak for the company you work for unless you are told to speak for the company you work for and have approval for what you say - regardless of company or site on the Internet that you are visiting. (Including MySpace and other types of sites.)

As far as confidential information that should never be divulged. There is a line between inside info and confidential info. Error on the side of caution.

Also, as a final caution, what may be worse than "the company" coming down on an identified employee is the reaction of fellow members on the forum. Identified employees will get PMs and posts asking them for more than they are allowed to do - which will lead to either being unpopular because you won't do special favors or pressured into doing something your employer would not appreciate.

There have been a couple self identified employees here who didn't stay around because it seemed everybody asked them for favors. And when others are not asking for favors they are bashing the employee for company policies way out of the posting employee's control. So keeping a low profile seems best - even if not mandated by the employer. :)

·
Godfather
256 Posts
DISH generally goes through a hiring freeze (with rare exceptions) from late October, mid-November through Mid-February earliy March. As for the identification thing, good little DISH employees who play by the rules, should they choose to identify themselves are required to place a disclaimer at the bottom of their posts citing that their statements do not represent the company. That's if they identify themselves as employees however. There's no rules or policies against posting or participating in forums and chatrooms, with the obvious exceptions.

Then there's of course the obvious usernames "DISHTSR3" "DISHLUVR4LIF", etc.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I didn't intend this post to take this turn, so I'm sorry. I didn't expect any employee to just air it all out right here in my post, or even to me personally. I just thought that maybe if there was one here that didn't mind giving me a little friendly "hello" or some advice privately then I'd ask.

Mike

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Hey Mike,

I actually interviewed a couple of times with Echostar last year when I was between jobs. Generally, what I've seen and heard from people over there that I know is this: E* employees aren't paid very well, the benefits are pretty good and layoffs almost never happen because the pay scale is frugal. Some people that I know love working there, some hate it. Pretty much like any other job or company out there.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Mike_Morgan said:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't intend this post to take this turn, so I'm sorry. I didn't expect any employee to just air it all out right here in my post, or even to me personally. I just thought that maybe if there was one here that didn't mind giving me a little friendly "hello" or some advice privately then I'd ask.

Mike
:welcome_s Since no one else gave you one. As far as I'm concerned since you had no idea then you are excused for askin. :balloons:

·
Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
Wicker 54 said:
Thats all E pays ? Mickey Dees pays better than they do.. Guess thats why E sucks !!!
Quit being such a dork. If you don't have something intelligent to add, resist the temptation to post something that's worthless.

John

·
Icon
651 Posts
oe nbuig favor to dish emploeys here

if anuy oen knwo abotu oepr job oeportunities the day dish or a mexican aprtn nef empleosy here in mexico (in my case comptuer science graduate) ples i beg you to tell me

·
Icon
643 Posts
By the way, it is well known that E* employees and management do read this Forum and other DBS forums.

·
Icon
651 Posts
yes darkaman
when dish or wuetzta or tlefoncia ro any new tv peovcdier start eorpaiosn i srue wnato work in snyof these newofoerings 8specialydish ofcoruse )
v
beign a teste,r workign for them wodul eba dream come toru

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.