DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any knowledge of any solar flare or magnetic storm problems for DTV satellites this week? I've lost my Phoenix channel 3 HD signal (KTVK) and there is at least one other report of the same problem on the HR20 forum? This signal is on Spaceway One at 103 deg. I was wondering if this is a satellite problem, broadcast link problem or my LNB or switch has gone bad. If my LNB is bad, it's a coincidence that at least one other has the same problem.

thanks
azarby

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,903 Posts
azarby said:
Does anyone have any knowledge of any solar flare or magnetic storm problems I've lost my Phoenix channel 3 HD signal (KTVK) and there is at least one other report of the same problem on the HR20 forum?
There seems to be a problem with OTA channels mapped to channel 3. It is happening in most (but not all) markets that have a channel 3.

Solar flares are the last excuse I'd be looking for. There was some severe activity on the 5th and again on the 6th, but not much since. First choice would be a marginally peaked dish. Next choice for stormy climates would be wet electronics.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
harsh said:
There seems to be a problem with OTA channels mapped to channel 3. It is happening in most (but not all) markets that have a channel 3.

Solar flares are the last excuse I'd be looking for. There was some severe activity on the 5th and again on the 6th, but not much since. First choice would be a marginally peaked dish. Next choice for stormy climates would be wet electronics.
Thanks for the reply. As for a marginally peaked dish, that may be possible, but both tuners on both HR20s read 100 for transponder 2. As far as I know, hat is the only one that serves the Phoenix area. My 99 sat has all zeros.

azarby

·
Hall Of Fame
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
azarby said:
Thanks for the reply. As for a marginally peaked dish, that may be possible, but both tuners on both HR20s read 100 for transponder 2. As far as I know, hat is the only one that serves the Phoenix area. My 99 sat has all zeros.

azarby
Problem is fixed, broadcast issues at DTV.

azarby

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
harsh said:

The 13th was the last I saw. http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=73053

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.