DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Godfather
499 Posts
The current promotions began on 2/1/12 and last until 5/20/12 at which time, if history repeats, will most likly be extended. The Hopper/Joey whole home HD DVR system has been available since 3/15/12 and is available for free for new customers. The current promos have better than ever discounts for the 1st 12 mos..

· Icon
643 Posts
I am buying a new house, and will still have my account at my current house. Can I sign my wife up at the new house to get the new customer pricing and free Hopper/Joey deal? I'll still have both accounts (at least for a while).

· Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
Sure can, Dish will be happy to have both accounts. If you use EHD's keep in mind you won't be able to watch between accounts.

Remember you can't cancel the new account for two years without paying a penalty, so you may want that to be the account you keep if you move to that house before that. If you want your present account to continue, you must end the new account first, then move your account to the new house.

· Icon
643 Posts
Thanks. Yes, the new account would be the new house we move into in about a month (and would stay at least 2 years). I would probably cancel the current account a few weeks after we move, depending on how long the move takes. With free HBO for 3 months, I can probably "reconstruct" most of my 750 GB HD. I had one die once and had all the movies back on a new one in a couple months.

edit: Decided to go for "new customer" and loose my 100+ HD movies on my ext HD. The savings a new customer gets will pay for renting all 100 movies (if I would even watch them again).. so no real loss losing HD recordings. Any that I feel may never be shown again, I may copy to my DVD recorder (in not so good quality).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.