DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few posts about HDMI problems. Has anyone had any problems with HDMI problems between the HR20 and Samsung? I have a 56" DLP from a few years ago - HLP5663. I have the installer coming in 2 weeks an wondered what to expect.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
blnsfn2 said:
I have seen a few posts about HDMI problems. Has anyone had any problems with HDMI problems between the HR20 and Samsung? I have a 56" DLP from a few years ago - HLP5663. I have the installer coming in 2 weeks an wondered what to expect.
You won't know until you try it. I have a Sammy HL-R5667W DLP and it has worked via HDMI from day 1 (two upgrades, plus original firmware out of the box.

This is with a Moniprice 5x1 HDMI switch and 6' cables in between. Not one problem.

Obviously, my Sammy is newer and it's impossible to tell whether they have changed the HDMI implementation since then or not. Pretty much a "try it and see" situation.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
I have a 42" Samsung DLP that I got back in December 2005, and it has worked perfectly with the HR20 connected via HDMI. I haven't seen anyone on this forum posting an HDMI problem with a Samsung TV.

·
Godfather
328 Posts
blnsfn2 said:
I have a samsung HLP 5085 no problems with the HDMI either.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,335 Posts
I've had a few problems which folks often attribute to the HDMI hookup -- i have a Sammy HLP. I've cured the problems every time by rebooting with the HDMI cable unplugged [which I had to do to get the original setup accomplished -- using component] and then plugging it back in afterwards.

In fact, my plan for Tuesday evening -- in case there's another update and automatic update -- is to leave the component cables in place and unplug HDMI before I go to bed. That way, if there's an automatic update/reboot, it will happen with only component in place. Then, I'll just plug the HDMI cable back into the HR20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.