DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 722 died so I got a replacement DVR from Dish. If I try to watch any of the shows from the EHD I get a message saying that they were recorded using a different receiver and I will need to format the drive if I want to continue.

Is there any way of getting the new 722 to recognize these shows as I have a several drives worth recorded or are they all lost?

Thanks.

·
Legend
253 Posts
I thought that was one of the points of the EHD, to be able to play amongst vip receivers...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
Your EHD should work with the new receiver with no re-formatting of the drives. I've only done one 622 swap and the EHDs worked on the replacement one just fine. I would start a tech chat with them or call tech support but don't take a quick "you'll have to reformat your HD" answer if that's what you get, keep at it until they find a fix for it. Perhaps re-sending the enable EHD "hit" to the 722 will resolve it, I'm assuming you've tried hard resets of the new 722 with no luck?

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried a hard reset but to no avail. I'll see what Dish has to say and see about giving the DVR a 'hit'.

Thanks.

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A 'hit' did the job. Since we may upgrade to the Hopper/Joey setup, it's nice to know that I can still keep my stored shows even if I no longer need external drives due to the Hopper's 2TB drive.

Thanks for all the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.