DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Godfather
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fantasy SG:Starship Show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the Earthship Zeus, as it patrols the Ori Galaxy.

Captain: United States Airforce officer
2nd/Navigator: British Royal Air Force Officer
3rd/Helm: Russian Army
Science Officer: Sam Carter USAF
Security Chief: Teal'C of the Free Jaffa Nation
Chief Engineer: Peoples Republic of China Airforce and an Asgard
Medic: Lexa Doig :)

· Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,262 Posts
Keep Vala (Claudia Black). She has added so much spice and humor that was missing since RJD left. She is such an expressive actor and is fun to watch.

JM2CW

· Hall Of Fame
1,131 Posts
TomH said:
How about the Navy? I've always thought it was odd they have a branch of the service in charge if the space ships who has no experience commanding ships.
Well.... the Air Force does know something about that... generally larger craft that are capable of dropping large bombs on some small target. Plus, the Navy doesn't do too well outside of the water, and last I checked, their ain't much H2O in space...

· Legend
125 Posts
Ray_Clum said:
Well.... the Air Force does know something about that... generally larger craft that are capable of dropping large bombs on some small target. Plus, the Navy doesn't do too well outside of the water, and last I checked, their ain't much H2O in space...
I wouldn't equate the command of a bomber with a half dozen crewmen to be equal to the command of a ship with hundreds or even thousands of crewmen onboard on long duration deployments. I would also have to argue that the Navy does very well outside of the water. I would say that the Navy pilots and aircraft are every bit as capable as that of the Air Force.

Actually, I would possibly equate commanding a large spacecraft more closely with commanding a submarine which the Navy knows a little about.

I realize the show had to make it the responsibility of the Air Force since that's the group the show was centered around. But I also had a problem with O'Neil test piloting the 302 when he's a special ops guy not a pilot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.