DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just reactivated HR20-700. Have it attached it to the new line I ran from my splitter and the signal strengths are not great. Was wondering if there any known issues with SWM and the HR20-700?? All signals in the 80's.

At first i thought it was the new line I ran but so I brought in my HR20-100 and attached it to that line to test it out and got all sigals are just like in the other room......all mid to upper 90's. SWM signals 99-100 on the HR20-100, but the upper 80's on the HR20-700.

· Hall Of Fame
2,064 Posts
How long was the HR20 out of service? It is remotely possible that you have an old version of the software and that is causing the low readings. You might try a forced upgrade (press 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote right after the ring lights up during a reboot) and see if that helps.

· Icon
609 Posts
My HR20-700 has always reported lower signal strength then my other receivers on my SWM setup. I attributed it to how the meter is calibrated as I don't lose signal any faster on it. It's been a solid receiver though. I've had it almost 6 years now and it performs pretty well for old tech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.