DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Almost a new member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a non-DTV install company come to my house soon to try to install a dish. I'd like to pick up a dish locally (instead of waiting on ebay), so I can get the install done sooner. They're happy to sell me a dish, but they want $200 for it :eek2:

Anyone know of any major chains that carry these dishes?

Edit: I'm looking for local stores (brick and mortar) so that I can pick it up. If I wait for it to be shipped, I won't be able to get the install done next week.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,866 Posts
You may be able to get installed quickly by going through an "local" authorized DIRECTV reseller (satellite TV store). They may even be willing to part with a dish.

· Almost a new member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I went searching for a local satellite installer, I had a very very hard time finding anyone that did DTV. Didn't find any local retail stores.

I considered newegg, but it's $118, I still have to wait AND the dish can't be returned.

Solid signal is $117 and I still have to wait. They allow for returns, but charge an unknown restocking fee. But I've heard good things about them from several sources.

Neither of those include monopoles (at ss for $31 each).

If I want to wait, and I don't care about returns, I can just get a new dish + monopoles on ebay for < $80.

Craigslist is a great suggestion, but it looks like a bunch of spammers offering dishes there. But I'll keep an eye on that.

· Almost a new member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
billcushman said:
Summitsource has the AU9 for $76.50 and monopoles are $15.00 each.
1) Dish + monopoles are out of stock
2) It's 76.50 for the dish, but add $7 + $40.64 for ground shipping. Add $2 shipping for each monopole. Total = $158.14

OP updated to clarify what it is I'm looking for.

· AllStar
55 Posts
I'm too new to the group to be able to post a link, but I bought a new slimline for $79.99 including two monopoles and free shipping from epicdepot5 on eBay. It was shipped quickly and was all I expected it to be. This is the link w/o the first few characters.

cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SLIMLINE-DIRECTV-5-LNB-DISH-KA-KU-HDTV-HD-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ330266628412QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330266628412&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1309&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm TOTALLY satisfied and have been using it for a month or so with NO problems.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Ebay does have a few sellers with prices below most online sources.

Of course, the usual caveats about ebay apply.

I'm looking to buy one, but I'd like to get one even cheaper, since I really don't need it..it's just for experimentation in my case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.