DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
38 Posts
I would assume that 2GHz cable is mandatory. The KA low band will be up-converted to the 950-1450 MHz range (based on the usless BBC's we have for our HR20's & H20's).

So perhaps they up-convert the 950-1450 MHz range to something higher leaving the lower range available for cable & antenna? (since the MFH1 is supposed to "de-stack" and "down-convert" to the 950-1450 MHz range)

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Pulling cable blows. I live in a newer house, all RG6 + Cat5, but all the cables were run in-line with electric in the very tiny crawl space (trusses really). All the Cat5 terminations to the phone jacks were excessively stripped long and unshielded, and the F connectors that were placed on the cable was pretty shoddy job.

While doin all this recent work on my cabling, I also put my Terk HDTVo on a distribution block and connected all cables. This introduced a "hum" on my phone line. Turns out one of the unused F connectors going to the kitchen was touching the back of a wall mount DSL filter introducing ~2VDC voltage into my ground.

The point: It is the small things that generally tend to kick your ass...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.