DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...new to this board...but was rolou21 @ DbsForums....changed to Lou Ruiz....Will there be an update on the pushed back 721 unit on the next Charlie Chat or will it be pushed back pending the merger?:rolleyes:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Hi Lou, I certainly hope we here something, I would like to get one. :)
I suppose it could be pushed back, but I doubt it. I imagine at this point the 721 should just about ready to go. Right now I've seen people posting dates that they got a release date from E* as being sometime April-June.
Do you plan on buying one Lou?

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I found it REALLY WIERD that they mentioned it on the Tech Chat (Just briefly and never actually showed a working unit) but then on the next Charlie Chat there was no mention of it whatsoever.

I am under the feeling that they are holding back on the 721 as long as they can to see the outcome of the merger. Part of me says this is a good idea, the other part of me says I WANT MY 721 NOW!

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
If the merger did happen, don't you think it would be a long time before they would actually swap peoples receivers out with the format they chose to use. :confused:

Based on that, I feel they won't hold the 721 back.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
My feeling is, since DirecTV has announced that they are no longer going to use NDS as its encription supplier that the 721 could have support for the encription scheme that DirecTV wants to use.

I do believe that the cards themselves are very simular between DirecTV and Dish (although they are programmed differently) so in doing this they could have the 721 support both.

It would save dish some money if they waited instead of swapping out someones 721 a few months more down the road.

The reason I believe they have not come to a final decision on hardware such as Hard Drive size is because they are sitting back waiting to see whats coming down the road.

Again smart move, but I still want my 721.

·
Legend
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am debating if I should ever pursue the 721 (currently backordered thru Dish Depot) because I have second thoughts about switching to D* and getting Ultimate Tv and getting the Yes Network (diehard Yankee fan)....but that is another story:lol:

See Ya;
rolou21......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.