DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until the HR20 can support OTA we need to start a campaign calling, writing whatever local WRAL to either make the deal with D* for the locals on sat or to allow us to get CBS and FOX DNS HD. What a shame having to watch crappy CBS SD broadcast of the game on thanksgiving. Any suiggestions on how to get a waiver or find a way to force the local HD's to get on D*

·
Banned
614 Posts
spidey said:
Until the HR20 can support OTA we need to start a campaign calling, writing whatever local WRAL to either make the deal with D* for the locals on sat or to allow us to get CBS and FOX DNS HD. What a shame having to watch crappy CBS SD broadcast of the game on thanksgiving. Any suiggestions on how to get a waiver or find a way to force the local HD's to get on D*
Your market maybe getting them soon... check out this url...
http://www.dbstalk.com/hr20/html/DTV_LIL_DMA.html

·
Cool Member
30 Posts
spidey said:
Does your TV not allow you to switch input to antenna? I'm in Raleigh and that's what I do. I just can't record in HD.

·
Legend
192 Posts
jread2 said:
I just can't record in HD.
Exactly :) I'm almost never home at the time the shows I want to watch are on - that's the whole point of getting a DVR. Fortunately OTA will be turned on soon, but for those who are too far away from WRAL and WRAZ's towards (or have no way to put up an OTA antenna) they will be stuck with no HD programming on CBS or FOX. As long as OTA is on before January 14th (Season premier of 24) I'll be fine :)

·
AllStar
57 Posts
pgiralt said:
Exactly :) I'm almost never home at the time the shows I want to watch are on - that's the whole point of getting a DVR. Fortunately OTA will be turned on soon, but for those who are too far away from WRAL and WRAZ's towards (or have no way to put up an OTA antenna) they will be stuck with no HD programming on CBS or FOX. As long as OTA is on before January 14th (Season premier of 24) I'll be fine :)
Unless Capitol Broadcasting and Directv come to an agreement, I think OTA will be our only hope. I agree, I hope to get it for 24 and the Super Bowl.

I have e-mailed over and over again WRAL, but to no avail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.