DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technician was over at my house last week to install the Dishes. However, my house backs into the woods and he was unable to get a line of sight to the satellite from the deck. The only possible place was the roof. Now, our condo association has a rule that I not only need to get approval from them to install the dish but if it needs to be installed on the roof because of reception issues, I need to get a letter from the satellite vendor saying that reception is not available from the deck/balcony etc.

I have been trying to call Dish Network customer service to get such a letter but they keep saying that they do not provide such a letter. I really do not understand why it is so difficult for them to provide such a letter when they do NOT have any liability. They are just supporting me in my request to the condo association. The last rep I spoke to, said that she has emailed a field service manager to come by my house again for a second look but she almost seemed disinterested in my case even though I mentioned that I will have to cancel my subscription if they do not provide me a letter.

Any suggestions on getting this letter from Dish Network? Has anybody had a similar experience with any success? Is there an email id at Dish Network where I can vent my frustration?

·
Legend
201 Posts
As an installer, I have ran into this problem a few times. I will fill out the work order and put the reason I cannot install it and the customer takes it to the association to approve. So far I have not had any problems, in fact I have had someone from the association on the job site on several occasions to discuss the dish possibilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.