DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my r-15 about 18-24 months ago and it was a crappy unit. it was slow to respond and was no good with recording first run and had to be reset about every day. so i vanished it to a room where it only got used about 2 hours a month and i replaced it with another r-10. recently i have put the r-15 in my play room for the kids and found that it now seems to be working alot better as far as not needing to be reset and the remote response time. ive tried loading all my season pass's but its only letting me enter 50. is there a way around this and did the magical update finally come that makes the r-15 usable. thanks for any help

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
Nope, all the current Directv receivers are limited to 50 Series Links so far as I know.

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
blong579 said:
i got my r-15 about 18-24 months ago and it was a crappy unit. it was slow to respond and was no good with recording first run and had to be reset about every day. so i vanished it to a room where it only got used about 2 hours a month and i replaced it with another r-10. recently i have put the r-15 in my play room for the kids and found that it now seems to be working alot better as far as not needing to be reset and the remote response time. ive tried loading all my season pass's but its only letting me enter 50. is there a way around this and did the magical update finally come that makes the r-15 usable. thanks for any help
ALL of the DirecTV DVR's limit series links (not "season pass") to 50.

How much TV do you watch everyday??? :D

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ThomasM said:
ALL of the DirecTV DVR's limit series links (not "season pass") to 50.

How much TV do you watch everyday??? :D[/QUOTE

i have 4 people in my family and we all some things recording.
if im reading what you wrote correctly your saying that there is a diff between season pass and series link. whats the diff if any. i thought tivo called it season pass and the newer nontivo units called it series link

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got message this mornig on my r-10 saying tivo and directv are working on and will come out with a new unit in middle off 2009. maybe my r-10 will last that long
and i can keep the r-15 in a room for the kids. after owning a r-10 i could use the r-15 for target practice

· Banned
4,253 Posts
blong579 said:
i got message this mornig on my r-10 saying tivo and directv are working on and will come out with a new unit in middle off 2009. maybe my r-10 will last that long
and i can keep the r-15 in a room for the kids. after owning a r-10 i could use the r-15 for target practice
I have an R22, 3 R-15s and an R10, I am completely over the whole "TiVo Thing"....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.