DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Godfather
308 Posts
rorkin said:
I am away for the week and was watching with slingbox..
Locked up tonight. I see the systm problem but I need to reboot.
It has not been rebooted by DIRECTV
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RE BOOT MINE USING THE SLINGBOX IN THE PAST ....AS LONG AS THE REMOTE COMES UP ANYWAY ....

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
rorkin said:
I am away for the week and was watching with slingbox..
Locked up tonight. I see the systm problem but I need to reboot.
It has not been rebooted by DIRECTV
If you have a lockup where the system will not even power on, I think you may be stuck until you can get home and press the little red button yourself.

However, you may want to call DirecTV and see if there is anyway they can reset the receiver.
Another option is maybe to call a neighbor or friend and have them cut the power to the house (if you have main switch outside) for a few seconds. It's not pretty but should work..

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
DirecTV should have restarted all DVRs over the course of yesterday afternoon through last night. That should have taken care of this specific situation for you. Don't know of any other way to do it remotely other than previously noted suggestions.

Carl

· Registered
14,213 Posts
carl6 said:
DirecTV should have restarted all DVRs over the course of yesterday afternoon through last night. That should have taken care of this specific situation for you. Don't know of any other way to do it remotely other than previously noted suggestions.

Carl
That's good news - I'm also away and unable to check the status of the receivers, so hopefully my DVRs were told to automatically restart ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.