DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the vip622 goes into standby mode when I turn I press power, but Im more interested in completely powering off for the receiver is in my room and it creates alot of heat and fan noise to the room. Is there any way to power off the vip622 without disconnecting power or turning off my battery backup every night?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
No.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,202 Posts
infoe said:
I know the vip622 goes into standby mode when I turn I press power, but Im more interested in completely powering off for the receiver is in my room and it creates alot of heat and fan noise to the room. Is there any way to power off the vip622 without disconnecting power or turning off my battery backup every night?
I hardly hear any noise from the 622. Your ears must be highly sensitive. Did you ever have the 921? Now that created a lot of noise.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
infoe said:
the receiver is in my room and it creates alot of heat and fan noise to the room.
Perhaps it needs more ventilation, then the fan wouldn't need to cycle on high as often. Is it in an semi-enclosed cabinet or is it out in the open (i.e. nothing above or on the sides)?

I find it hard to believe that the heat coming from your 622 is making your room uncomfortably hot. I mean, the thing gets warm, but it's no space heater or anything.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
If you 622's fan is going into turbo mode ("Loud fan sound"), it is an indication that the 622 is trying to cool itself and is fighting heat build up. Is the 622 in an enclosed area? Is it sitting on something hot like your AV receiver etc?

As Chuck said.. You can't turn of the 622 only place it in standby. The 622 needs to be one to do things while the box is in standby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.