DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the ring of lights I find the two blue lights and the red recording light very distracting.

Is there a way to turn these off and if not is it OK to cover them up ?

Thanks

T

·
Legend
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thanks for the "useful" advice.

I haven't yet figured out why manufacturers keep putting bright lights on the front of units. I had to return a Toshiba DVD player due to the 6 inch across bright blue colored line across the front.

·
Legend
188 Posts
Here is a suggestion. Go to your local home center and get a piece of "smoke" colored or dark plexi-glass cut to the dimension of the front of your "bright" equiptment. Use hook-and-loop(velcro) fastening to attach it to the front of your equiptment. You may have to use spacers glued to the plexi-glass to keep it shimmed out in front of the buttons. You can still use your remote and it will cut-down on the brightness of the LED's. You could even experiment with different colors(red with blue leds would make green) Just a suggestion, never tried it, but would probably work. I guess you could just get a piece big enough to cover the LED's if you prefer. Wouldn't be a good choice if you prefer to show off your equiptment, but it is a solution, maybe just for night viewing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.