Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
vid53 said:
Thinking of swapping my HR10-250.

Vid53
They're putting those who want one on a priority waiting list right now, they claim most subscribers on the waiting list are getting units in less than 3 weeks from the day they're added to the list. Once sufficient stock is back in place the HR10 owned swap for $99 will become active. So if you're HR10 is owned I would wait it out.

·
Legend
228 Posts
From what I can tell, it seems like they're getting caught-up. Several days ago (Monday, I think) I went on the D* web site to order - entered the info & all - and, a couple of days later, received an automated call announcing that I can now call to formalize order. I did and I am now scheduled for install (of 2nd HR-20) on 12/4.

That tells me they're very close to catching up.

·
Legend
125 Posts
They are going quick now, I was on the list for 3 weeks but I was in at the beginning of the delay. From what I am hearing now its less then a week on the wait list.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Called on Monday to get my 2nd HR20. Put my info in the system about 2 weeks ago. When I got my original HR20 and H20 for $99 each, retention noted in my account that I would get my 2nd HR20 for free. When I called, they refused to give it to me! Spoke with the supervisor...he was a total tool!! He told me there was no way they were going to give it to me. He interrupted me and basically called me a liar even though he read the notes from the previous CSR back to me! He refused to give me his CSR number to complain about him but I got his name.

Called the complaint division immediately. The CSR was very, very nice and said sorry multiple times. She got her supervisor involved and in just a few minutes, they had my new HR20 in the system and it will be here Thursday.

I never thought I would have so much problems getting my 2nd HR20 with the notes left by the previous CSR. It wasn't like I was calling to demand my 2nd one. I put my name on the list just like everyone else and got my phone call. Hopefully no one has this kind of problem in the future.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
KitchMD said:
Called on Monday to get my 2nd HR20. Put my info in the system about 2 weeks ago. When I got my original HR20 and H20 for $99 each, retention noted in my account that I would get my 2nd HR20 for free. When I called, they refused to give it to me! Spoke with the supervisor...he was a total tool!! He told me there was no way they were going to give it to me. He interrupted me and basically called me a liar even though he read the notes from the previous CSR back to me! He refused to give me his CSR number to complain about him but I got his name.

Called the complaint division immediately. The CSR was very, very nice and said sorry multiple times. She got her supervisor involved and in just a few minutes, they had my new HR20 in the system and it will be here Thursday.

I never thought I would have so much problems getting my 2nd HR20 with the notes left by the previous CSR. It wasn't like I was calling to demand my 2nd one. I put my name on the list just like everyone else and got my phone call. Hopefully no one has this kind of problem in the future.
I encountered the same when trying to order my unit using my $99.99 HR10 swap for 2 owned HR10s that was noted on my account. September 26th they processed the order but only limited stock was available so only one was processed and I was added to the priority list, got my call on 11/20 attempted to order all agents said the price was $299.99 and the best they could do was offer a $100 credit. After complaining for awhile I got them to go up to $150.00 the CSRs max authorized credit, at this point I commented in no way shape or form would I accept anything other than the deal I was promised. The CSR finally transferred me to a supervisor who added another $50.00 to the $150 the rep had already credited before transferring to the supervisor. Moral of the story be persistent.

·
Banned
614 Posts
vid53 said:
Thinking of swapping my HR10-250.

Vid53
Springfield MA HSP has always had them in stock, not many people have ordered them in Western Massachusetts. So it's hit or miss, and you shouldn't assume they are out. Let DirecTV tell you, don't base it on opinions of this forum.

·
Legend
115 Posts
I've been on the waiting list since I signed on as a new subscriber on 11/9. After reading how some folks here are getting calls within a week of getting on the list, I called Direct TV today to see if there was any word on mine.

The answer to that was no, I'd have to wait a little longer. No big deal, they told me it would be a month. But, I asked what the notes on my account said about the cost of the receiver when it does come in (I was told three times, by two CSR's and a supervisor, that it would be free).

You guessed it, they have no record of that and say there's no way to verify the deal that was made, even though I have the name of the supervisor-- they want to charge me the regular upgrade price. A transfer to customer retention did no good, but a call to Installation got them to promise (!) a credit of $150 on the lease price, plus $20 off for six months. I got the ID number of the gal that handled all this, she promises it's in the notes-- we'll see what happens when the day comes.

During my conversation with Customer Retention, she said that Direct TV had no control over any promises made to me during the sign-up process-- because I had purchased from a retailer, not Direct TV. Say what? I called the 800 number from the Direct TV website-- do they route calls to retailers? If I'd known I was dealing with a retailer, I'd have dealt with someone local!

At any rate, I'm hopeful I'll have an HR20 sooner or later. Question: my TV doesn't have HDMI-- do component cables come in the box, or do I need to buy some?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
DennyC said:
Question: my TV doesn't have HDMI-- do component cables come in the box, or do I need to buy some?
Yes component cables do come with the box, HDMI is the cable that's missing from the included accessories.

·
Banned
614 Posts
The HR20 models do not come with an HDMI cable, but the installer is required to provide one to you for free if your TV supports it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
DennyC said:
I've been on the waiting list since I signed on as a new subscriber on 11/9. After reading how some folks here are getting calls within a week of getting on the list, I called Direct TV today to see if there was any word on mine.

The answer to that was no, I'd have to wait a little longer. No big deal, they told me it would be a month. But, I asked what the notes on my account said about the cost of the receiver when it does come in (I was told three times, by two CSR's and a supervisor, that it would be free).

You guessed it, they have no record of that and say there's no way to verify the deal that was made, even though I have the name of the supervisor-- they want to charge me the regular upgrade price. A transfer to customer retention did no good, but a call to Installation got them to promise (!) a credit of $150 on the lease price, plus $20 off for six months. I got the ID number of the gal that handled all this, she promises it's in the notes-- we'll see what happens when the day comes.

During my conversation with Customer Retention, she said that Direct TV had no control over any promises made to me during the sign-up process-- because I had purchased from a retailer, not Direct TV. Say what? I called the 800 number from the Direct TV website-- do they route calls to retailers? If I'd known I was dealing with a retailer, I'd have dealt with someone local!

At any rate, I'm hopeful I'll have an HR20 sooner or later. Question: my TV doesn't have HDMI-- do component cables come in the box, or do I need to buy some?
Do not use the stock cables!!! Buy some nice ones.

·
Legend
115 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Do not use the stock cables!!! Buy some nice ones.
I know that's the conventional wisdom, but I'm not sure I believe it anymore.

I have over $600 worth of high end cables in my entertainment system. However, when they said I had to wait for an HR20, I didn't want to have to move my 60" rear projection TV or tear the entertainment center apart twice-- so I had the installer put the loaner R15 on top of the TV, plugged into the aux input on the front of the TV, with the stock composite cables.

After he left, I swapped out the stock cables for the Monster cables from my old Dish receiver-- and neither saw, nor heard, any difference whatsoever. There may be people in the world that can see and/or hear the difference-- but my wife and I aren't among them!

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
DennyC said:
I know that's the conventional wisdom, but I'm not sure I believe it anymore.

I have over $600 worth of high end cables in my entertainment system. However, when they said I had to wait for an HR20, I didn't want to have to move my 60" rear projection TV or tear the entertainment center apart twice-- so I had the installer put the loaner R15 on top of the TV, plugged into the aux input on the front of the TV, with the stock composite cables.

After he left, I swapped out the stock cables for the Monster cables from my old Dish receiver-- and neither saw, nor heard, any difference whatsoever. There may be people in the world that can see and/or hear the difference-- but my wife and I aren't among them!
Thick shielded cables are great in an electricly noisy enviornment...

Lets just leave it at that, shall we?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.