DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Got a hopper and 2 joeys a few weeks ago and so far have been pleased w/ one exception. The Fast forward and Rewind process doesn't work very weel. Seems as though the units don't kee paccurate track of where in the program you are so that when you try to FF, it skips over entire entire segments. Rewinding does the same thing. We gotten spoiled by the ability to skip on the prime section, so we're trying to avoid all commercials as much as possible. :hurah:
Is Dish aware or is there sometinh I am not doing correctly?

· Godfather
298 Posts
The FF on my Hopper works fine. I have never seen it skip, if you are looking at slide indicator of where you are then it will jump to where you are at from where it was before when you used FF. But is is not skipping anything. I know this is different from the 622.

· Godfather
470 Posts
"garys" said:
What you describe has always been a problem with Dish receivers. It is recommended if you are trying to FF over commercials to use the skip ahead button instead of FF. It is easier to get used to.
This. The FF/REW aren't the best at resuming right where you pressed play. SKIP FWD/SKIP BACK are not only faster but also more accurate.

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
I'd recorded a football game - 4 1/2 hours on the Hopper. I'd seen most of the game 'live' but had to leave. Next day I call up the game on the Joey and start hitting FF until I'm at 300X. I wanted to 'slow down' after halftime - so I'm looking at the images on the screen and the slider at the bottom. When it looks close, I hit the Pause button.

Instead of being halfway through the game, I'm at the end of the recording. It's like the slider and the video can't "keep up" with how fast the HD is *really* going through the recording.

I can reproduce this at will. It's not an occasional glitch.

2 Posts
I have the same issue with my units (4) so what I began doing to prevent over-run of the ff is to toggle between ff and play while ff or rewinding. I find that seems to help the dvr from not going way past the end of the commercial and ending up deep into the program I am watching. Just try to toggle between both and you will have more control of where you can stop it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.