DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live 40 and 60 miles away from my local networks and they don't come in good. I have tried a few of the recommended antennas with no results. A technician said i have electrical interference in my area. I was turned down through D* tv so any help would be appreciated.

· Legend
101 Posts
Dees said:
I live 40 and 60 miles away from my local networks and they don't come in good. I have tried a few of the recommended antennas with no results. A technician said i have electrical interference in my area. I was turned down through D* tv so any help would be appreciated.
I'm about the same distance as you, and I still got a resounding NO for all the "locals."

--Mike

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Dees said:
It is VERY unlikely that any kind of "electrical interference" would affect UHF signals. Are your HD channels on UHF or VHF (above channel 17 is UHF)...I'm talking the "real" channel frequency, not the remapped channel that may show up on your TV.

I'm assuming you are trying an outside antenna? You are way too far away for indoor antennas (unless high gain, mounted in attic).

Go to www.antennaweb.org, type in your zip code and other info and it will tell you what digital stations are in your area, how far and what direction they are, and most importantly what "type" of antenna you need ....get that info and bring it back here ...I'm sure we can help you get a signal, as long as you aren't in a valley or some other hole.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
I received them about a year and a half ago when locals were not available in philly, now they are so i actually have both NY and Philly HD locals. All i did to get them Was BEG BEG BEG, it finally worked.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HDtoshiba said:
I received them about a year and a half ago when locals were not available in philly, now they are so i actually have both NY and Philly HD locals. All i did to get them Was BEG BEG BEG, it finally worked.
Did you contact the tv stations individually?

· Godfather
266 Posts
I begged, and only had one yes reply. In the Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville DMA for over a year the affiliates claim they have signed off on sharing HD with D* and D* has said they have not. Several sources have told me we should have MPEG-4 here before the end of the year, but that is rapidly approaching.
Luckily I can get CBS, NBC, and ABC from Augusta, GA by OTA in attic.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
HDtoshiba said:
I'm in Phila. too and I wanted (I begged too, was only denied NBC) N.Y. locals for the N.Y. Jets. They gave me a waiver two years ago. Now that I can get the Phila. locals, I'm scared I'll loose my waiver to receive the N.Y. stations.

· Passed away April 24, 2010
608 Posts
I tried getting waivers since HD locals in Jacksonville have been pushed back to Febrauary, 2007. All my local stations could care less.

DirecTV was very good about contacting them, and I got the reply rather quickly. At least the OTA tuners have now been activated.

· Godfather
471 Posts
FWIW, I used to have a waiver for HD from both LA and New York. And I loved it! :D

But when the law or federal regulations changed, I lost my east coast HD feed. And then, when I got my local MPEG4 HD feeds, I lost my LA HD feeds.

So, now I have my OTA HD and D* HD feeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.