DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

126 Posts
No it is not.
But the bottom of my pocket is fast approaching.
The large increases every year must stop.
My bill 3 years ago was about $119 per month and now it is $193.
That is just way too much for TV in 2 rooms.
I'm paying $164 and don't have HBO, Showtime, etc. It's ridiculous and I'm also reaching the end of my budget.

126 Posts
I finally scored and got my bill lowered from $170.24 to $109.95 for 12 months with no commitment. I went through two call centers in India who each offered a one time one month discount of $15.00 which I turned down. After much back and forth I was finally transferred to Retention and linked with a very nice lady named Hannah in the US who went through my account and offered me the $109.95 for 12 months no commitment deal. I received an itemized comfirmation email from AT&T an hour or so later after ending the call. After 12 years as a Directv customer, 30 years as an AT&T customer, I finally caught a break. I've concluded that it really does matter who you talk to as to what you'll receive. Hannah spent a lot of time on the call with me finding me every discount she could dig up and, for once, it finally worked out in my favor.

126 Posts
What's the best number and time I should call to get a discount? My $40 a month just ended so I need to hit them up again. Historically I haven't had much luck getting a discount on my bill. I'm now paying $171 a month with no HBO, Showtime, etc.

126 Posts
I tried chat Monday and Tuesday and was offered a monthly reduction of $2.50 with a one year commitment which I declined on Monday. Tuesday I was offered a one time $20 reduction with a two year commitment which I also declined. I called Retention later in the day on Tuesday (yesterday) and was offered a $60 a month loyalty reduction with no commitment. I was on the phone with Retention for around 15 minutes total and talked to a very nice, helpful young lady named Cherise. When I tried Chat on Monday I was on hold several times for over an hour and a half total. When I tried Chat again Tuesday I was on hold for almost an hour. Both for essentially nothing but a waste of my time. Calling Retention was a pleasant experience compared to Chat. All I had to tell Cherise was that my bill has gotten too high for my fixed income budget and I was considering moving to YouTube TV to get my bill back down to where it was affordable but didn't really want to cancel Directv. She gave me the Loyalty discount immediately, a comfirmation number, and when to call back next year to keep receiving it. Amazing, I was stunned. No begging, no lying, no threatening to cancel. She fixed me right up. IMHO Chat is a complete waste of time. IMHO Retention results depend on who takes your call.

126 Posts
I tried 800-531-5000 with no answer.
Then tried 800-824-9077 and asked the robot for Retention. You'll need to have your acct # and 4 digit pin # handy as you'll be asked for them.
800-288-2020 is the number I call for my AT&T internet and phone service. I've never used it for Directv service.

126 Posts
thats the legacy number for Directv...you're lucky to still be with them....

Nigel with Ayrton...nice!
Ayrton was reading all the info on Nigel's Williams dash and studying the cockpit during his ride back to the pits. Ah, the good old days. :)
I've been migrated to AT&T billing so I guess that number works either way now or I just got lucky for a change.

126 Posts
i always call 1-866-595-1331 right into the loyality dept. it's always been a good experience. and there us based and not overseas...
I've never had any success with the overseas call center. The only discounts they would offer were dropping my package to a cheaper tier. IMHO you really have to talk to an agent in the USA.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts