DBSTalk Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3237 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,728 Posts
Do you think I can call and cancel Showtime and Movies Xtra and then call back and add the Showtime free for 3 months with Movies Xtra promo? I’ve seen that promo in guide spam so I’d rather not pay for Showtime if that’s a valid offer.

·
35 Posts
Surprised! I called the loyalty department and got $20 off for 12 months, nothing else. So I took a chance and first time in years called the 531-5000 number and asked if they had any discounts and they gave me HBO and Showtime free for 3 months, they also offered me Cinemax and Starz half off if interested.

·
Registered
828 Posts
What's the current number for the loyalty dept. (aka retention) at DirecTV? I called the main number last Monday about a problem with Sunday Ticket the previous day (Oct 24). I wasn't satisfied with the response I got from the CSR and asked to be transferred to retention. The person I spoke to there (if that was really the loyalty dept) said she would talk to her supervisor and get back to me. I never heard back, so I'm looking for the number to call direct.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,728 Posts
Ok they weren’t able to give me the showtime free for 3 months, and she tried removing it and movies extra and refreshing to see if the system would offer it, but it didn’t. However she was able to offer $20 off a month for 12 months which actually is worth more than the advertised Showtime/Movie Extra 3 month promo. She was extremely nice and a pleasure to talk to.

·
998 Posts
Ok they weren't able to give me the showtime free for 3 months, and she tried removing it and movies extra and refreshing to see if the system would offer it, but it didn't. However she was able to offer $20 off a month for 12 months which actually is worth more than the advertised Showtime/Movie Extra 3 month promo. She was extremely nice and a pleasure to talk to.
What package are you on?

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
I called and got $40/month off for a year. Not bad.

Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called 877-999-1093 with the same story (my $60/month had expired on 10/27/21) and was offered absolutely noting. Called again a few days latter and got told the same thing. The only help the guy offered was to call back at the end of the month to see if anything has changed. Is there a trick now a days that I don't know about? I used to get this discount pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
25,249 Posts
It seems You need to wait a month or two. The system then resets your offers after you don’t have any for a bit.

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
Or try social media team like private message via Twitter/Facebook

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 242424

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,871 Posts
not on facebook and twitter
Your choice. Those seem to be the preferred method of communications for many services recently.

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
Just create a Twitter (account) with your junk email address . Then message directv privately.

You can always delete the Twitter afterwards .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3181 - 3200 of 3237 Posts