DBSTalk Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3237 Posts

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,435 Posts
not on facebook and twitter
Me neither. I thought I was the last one in the U.S. not to have either of the two. :)

Reactions: dtv757

·
122 Posts
Just called the Loyalty number (877-999-1083) and got my Loyalty Discount ($60.00 monthly) renewed for another year. It was actually painless and took about 15 minutes. :)

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
Yea I always have an awsome experience when calling D*

Always very friendly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
998 Posts
Just called the Loyalty number (877-999-1083) and got my Loyalty Discount ($60.00 monthly) renewed for another year. It was actually painless and took about 15 minutes. :)
i always call 1-866-595-1331 right into the loyality dept. it's always been a good experience. and there us based and not overseas...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had $60 worth of discounts roll off this month so I called the loyalty # I have, 800-824-9077, to see what they had. They offered me $50 off per month for 12 months with no contract. It was a 5 minute call. I have the Xtra (all included) package with 5 receivers.

·
122 Posts
i always call 1-866-595-1331 right into the loyality dept. it's always been a good experience. and there us based and not overseas...
I've never had any success with the overseas call center. The only discounts they would offer were dropping my package to a cheaper tier. IMHO you really have to talk to an agent in the USA.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
459 Posts
I had a $40 monthly credit that expired last week. Called 877-999-1083 just now -- same number I used the previous year -- and was offered a $60 monthly credit for the next year. It felt like a second Christmas. Total time on the phone was about 5 minutes -- the agent was super friendly. :)

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
Yea thats awsome !! Glad to read D* still offering great discounts. Love D*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: videojanitor

·
Icon
1,047 Posts
Yes, boys and girls, it's that time of year---you know, Christmas, New Years, and time to call DIRECTV as my existing credits start to roll off!

I have the XTRA package with no programming add-ons other than the free Sunday Ticket Max I received this year, and this year's story is that the first of my credits, a $40/mo. one, expired with the last billing, so I called Retentions/Loyalty directly (866-595-1331) to request it be reinstated for the upcoming billing period. The very pleasant (as always) CSR with whom I spoke informed me that because my still-active credits (totaling $50/mo.) had already been applied for this billing period, the best she could do was apply an immediate one-time $50 credit and start a new $70/mo. credit, with no contract extension, beginning the next (January) billing cycle. Umm, yeah, that works.

As a result, because my credits were/are staggered, this month's credit is a confirmed $100, next month's, in theory, but semi-confirmed via the usual High Value Customer line item, will be $130 ($70+$40+$10), the following month's will be $80 ($70+$10), before reverting to a "mere" $70/mo. for the remainder of the year, which I suppose I can live with as I begin year 22 (or is it 23?) as a continuous DIRECTV customer.

Oh, and total time on call was 11 minutes 28 seconds, so the bottom line is that the discounts are still out there for anyone willing to invest just a bit of time in seeking them. See you next year!

ETA: I just checked and 2022 will, indeed, be my 23rd consecutive year with DIRECTV, proving once again that both life and MVPD subscriber time flies!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a $40 monthly credit that expired last week. Called 877-999-1083 just now -- same number I used the previous year -- and was offered a $60 monthly credit for the next year. It felt like a second Christmas. Total time on the phone was about 5 minutes -- the agent was super friendly. :)
I called today and $30 discount is the most they could offer. I've called a couple other times since my $50-60 discount expired a couple months ago and it's been the same $30, so it's a little frustrating. I've been a subscriber for over 20 years, and knowing I can bundle Xfinity TV for just $30 on top of my internet, I'm in a tough spot. I'd love to give DirectTV more $$$ but I also don't want to be a charity.

·
Icon
1,047 Posts
...knowing I can bundle Xfinity TV for just $30 on top of my internet, I'm in a tough spot...
This is exactly where I've been the past two years, but DIRECTV has again done enough to keep me for yet another year.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,435 Posts
I called today and $30 discount is the most they could offer. I've called a couple other times since my $50-60 discount expired a couple months ago and it's been the same $30, so it's a little frustrating. I've been a subscriber for over 20 years, and knowing I can bundle Xfinity TV for just $30 on top of my internet, I'm in a tough spot. I'd love to give DirectTV more $$$ but I also don't want to be a charity.
Yea you’d be a charity for sure with only $360 + tax off your DirecTV bill this next year. If I were you I’d cancel right away tonight and go with Xfinity. It would be frustrating to any customer not getting $50-$60 off for 12 months every time one made such a call.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea you’d be a charity for sure with only $360 + tax off your DirecTV bill this next year. If I were you I’d cancel right away tonight and go with Xfinity. It would be frustrating to any customer not getting $50-$60 off for 12 months every time one made such a call.
TBH I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Having received $50-60 discounts/month for 20+ years, and watching everyone else being offered that is what's frustrating. Maybe I'm being classified as a peasant customer? smh

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
No one knows what kind of magic 8 ball they pull the discounts from. I currently have a $44, $25, and $16.50 credit per month off. In 2020 all I could get was a $20 per month credit. I've been with DTV since the mid 1990's and have the Premier package.

Do your self a favor and contact them through either Twitter or Facebook. I think they are Instagram too. Twitter has worked best for me but some people have good luck with Facebook. Through social media you don't have to be on hold for hours. Just ask about discounts and check back later to see if they have replied.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My discounts expire 1-10-22. I will be calling them Jan 3 for concessions. I am also prepared to switch to YTTV or HULU and cancel DTV satellite. Wife is on board too.

·
Icon
1,047 Posts
Do your self a favor and contact them through either Twitter or Facebook...
Magic 8 Ball, indeed! Although Twitter has worked for me for the occasional "extra" discount, such as this year's $10/mo. and STMax, they offered exactly nothing today---zero, zip, nada---which is what prompted my call to Retentions/Loyalty, and which I have found to be far more consistent with offers.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Magic 8 Ball, indeed! Although Twitter has worked for me for the occasional "extra" discount, such as this year's $10/mo. and STMax, they offered exactly nothing today---zero, zip, nada---which is what prompted my call to Retentions/Loyalty, and which I have found to be far more consistent with offers.
I'm just the opposite. Much better luck using Twitter and get almost nothing when I call.

3201 - 3220 of 3237 Posts