DBSTalk Forum banner
3221 - 3237 of 3237 Posts

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
...If I were you I’d cancel right away tonight and go with Xfinity. ...
This is a DirecTV forum about DirecTV we should not be promoting or advising users to go to the cable co (the competition ) in anyway shape or form.

D* stream or telco (u verse /fios) are ok but NOT the cable cos !!

Anyways hope everyone had a great holiday !
Let's hope for more amazing DirecTV 4K events in 2022!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: krel and MysteryMan

·
999 Posts
This is a DirecTV forum about DirecTV we should not be promoting or advising users to go to the cable co (the competition ) in anyway shape or form.

D* stream or telco (u verse /fios) are ok but NOT the cable cos !!

Anyways hope everyone had a great holiday !
Let's hope for more amazing DirecTV 4K events in 2022!!

if i was the one that codespy was talking to. i would keep calling DTV for discounts. i noticed it all depends on who you get!!!

·
999 Posts
I've definitely found that to be true.
I have multiple discounts on my acct for the first year considering I'm paying 126 and change for the premiere pack with a 3 room setup and a genie 2!!! You just have to know how to negotiate with em!!! That's with Rsn fee and taxes included..

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
I have multiple discounts too. On top of discounts... In 2021 I also got :
Half off MLB EI, Half off NBA LP. And free NFL ST ... can't get that from another provider and or a streaming provider...

I'm a happy 20 year D* sub. No I have never worked for D* . I'm just a loyal customer. I have never gotten upset just asked for promos. ...

The NBA Half off was at beginning of season before the BF promo.

Reactions: krel

·
Icon
1,047 Posts
...the best she could do was apply an immediate one-time $50 credit and start a new $70/mo. credit...
Much to my surprise, I actually received an e-mail yesterday containing confirmation and details of the FUTURE discount, which I believe is a first in all the time I've been with DIRECTV. I suspect the TPG influence is beginning to manifest itself.

Reactions: dtv757

·
Hall Of Fame
4,871 Posts
Much to my surprise, I actually received an e-mail yesterday containing confirmation and details of the FUTURE discount, which I believe is a first in all the time I've been with DIRECTV. I suspect the TPG influence is beginning to manifest itself.
I always got a confirmation email with ATT

·
Registered
106 Posts
Today was very rewarding, talking to Steve at Directv. He has kept me a very happy customer and not worth switching to YTTV. Long story short. He said to check back around 1-20-22 for any more promotions. Sounded like one should do that time to time. We have been with ATT since Fall 1994 and have never missed a payment. Their 100Mbps DSL internet is fantastic, too. I was all ready to switch to YTTV as was on their trial basis. Directv does want to keep you as a customer! At least for me.

I have their email confirmation on file.

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
100mBps DSL wow ... fastest DSL in my area is 3Mbps

·
Registered
740 Posts
Today was very rewarding, talking to Steve at Directv. He has kept me a very happy customer and not worth switching to YTTV. Long story short. He said to check back around 1-20-22 for any more promotions. Sounded like one should do that time to time. We have been with ATT since Fall 1994 and have never missed a payment. Their 100Mbps DSL internet is fantastic, too. I was all ready to switch to YTTV as was on their trial basis. Directv does want to keep you as a customer! At least for me.

I have their email confirmation on file.
OK but what offer did you get?

·
Registered
106 Posts
@GordonGekko I'll put it this way...... Having 3 Tv's, with Ultimate Pkg, + 100mbps + Regional Sports, including all taxes = $149.00/month is new payment. You can figure the rest as bottom line is what counts.
No changes in service. Did I get a nice deal to keep me as a happy customer?

Streaming for me, would cost $100 for the package/channel list, I want. Then internet will cost another $40.00/mo minimum. + all taxes.

Would that sound about right to you???

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
I will be calling soon as I'm currently on the standard $70 per month discount off Premiere package with 4 boxes. I'm currently paying 164.xx also with Sport Pac and another HD channel addon. That's too much now for my needs so I will reduce service and shoot for something around $80 maybe with reg.sports & 1 premium channel and honestly I only need 3 boxes. I've been with Direct since 1999 and all my boxes are really old stand alone DVR's (HR24). They still work fine but are very slow...so maybe I'll upgrade eqpt too if they offer decent price.

·
Icon
1,161 Posts
i called today on another matter.. and was 'extended my discount at $55. per month for another year... and I took it because the last time I said no.. it took me over a year to get another discount.. so I was like extend. yes,, you bet thank you very much.. i am with my 21st season with Directv...I was supposed to be part of Pegasus but I bought my system out right at Worst buy and have been a cust ever since..

·
Icon
1,047 Posts
Much to my surprise, I actually received an e-mail yesterday containing confirmation and details of the FUTURE discount...
And in yet another of a few recent "firsts" in my 22+ years as a DIRECTV subscriber and very long-time discount recipient, I received a confirmation via first-class snail mail Product Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle
of the impending future discount. If nothing else, it does appear that the TPG control team is at least making some effort to maximize their investment before offloading it to the next sucker DISH Network. That said, although Charlie is a lot of things, idiot is not among them, so it could be a fun ride.

Reactions: krel and dtv757

·
Hall Of Fame
4,871 Posts
And in yet another of a few recent "firsts" in my 22+ years as a DIRECTV subscriber and very long-time discount recipient, I received a confirmation via View attachment 32015 of the impending future discount. If nothing else, it does appear that the TPG control team is at least making some effort to maximize their investment before offloading it to the next sucker DISH Network. That said, although Charlie is a lot of things, idiot is not among them, so it could be a fun ride.
I got these with ATT

Reactions: krel
3221 - 3237 of 3237 Posts