DBSTalk Forum banner
3341 - 3360 of 3362 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
DIRECTV doesn't have to lie about their subscriber numbers. They simply no longer disclose the numbers. And since DIRECTV is wholly owned by two companies (AT&T and TPG) they don't have stockholders. AT&T and TPG have stockholders, but they do not release results specific to DIRECTV.
That was not what I was reacting to, whether or not they have to lie or not, I was responding to the poster's allegation of lying about the numbers in the past, OK, they don't break out the numbers now, fine, but if any company lies about the bottom line, if they get caught, it is a disaster for the stock price.

·
Mentor
54 Posts
just called. got a really helpful customer service lady from minnesota. i had $65 discount fall off and now got $45 off. at least its something. i called last night and got nothing. i also asked about free nfl ticket but that wasnt available. had nfl ticket last year for free. im satisfied.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just wanted to give an update to my previous statement/situation on here. Basically I disconnected service and I was scheduled to give my receivers back July 11, 2022. In an effort to reduce my bill for a larger discount... it seems you must threatened to leave DirecTV.

Yesterday I called the WIN BACK number 888-550-7580 and spoke to a male rep... he advised me that there are no discounts listed for my account. I said... isn't this the WIN BACK department? He said yes sir it is. I said you can't offer me any type of discounts? He said no sir... I can't. Please return your equipment. I said no problem... and hung up.

I waited 3 hours and called this number 619-752-1401 and it sent me to "WIN BACK" again. A female took the call (seems a lot easier to deal with women reps than male in my opinion.) She immediately said I have an offer for you.

1. Entertainment "All Included" $107.00
2. Additional Receiver $7.00 + Tax
3. -$55.00 Credit Each Month For 12 Months.
4. No Contract.
Would Be $59.42 a month

How does that sound sir?

I said what about Sunday Ticket Max 2022? Could you throw that in? She said yes sir... I can throw that in for Free.

I said what about grandfathered channels? I disconnected service.... can I get my channels back? She said yes sir I will get those channels back for you.

I said I accept your offer.

Service was activated yesterday 7/5/22. On one receiver I had all my channels that were grandfathered over. On my 2nd receiver... those channels weren't activated. I woke up today 7/6/22 and noticed on both of my receivers I lost all my grandfathered channels.

Had to call WIN BACK today and then WIN BACK sent the call to Technical Support. Technical Support added all 28 channels back that weren't grandfathered over. This included Bally's Sports - Detroit. No RS fee. The phone call took 1 hour and 20 minutes. Ridiculous.... but I got what I wanted.

I'm satisfied for 12 months. Point being... you sometimes have to threaten to leave.... to get them to budge. Honestly, it wasn't looking good getting those grandfathered channels back... its never easy. But... patience pays off.

I refuse to pay that Bally's Sports fee. I never have... never will. Like I said before.... DirecTV needs you MORE... than you need THEM. Wish you luck and much success with your future discounts fellas! Enjoy your Summer!

JUST FYI - All Included doesn't mean your receivers are included in the new DirecTV pricing plan. I don't know why they call it "ALL INCLUDED".... basically I was told... it just means your HD Receivers, HD DVR, and IN HOME DVR are INCLUDED. Receivers will always have a fee now.

·
34 Posts
Customer since 2008, bill creep had my old grandfathered Xtra package up to $117/month and I called a few weeks ago to no avail. Decided we don’t watch much TV anymore so was going to cancel for YTTV. I have no loyalty to any company.

Called today to cancel (main 800 #). Agent offered $30 off but that wasn’t anything I cared about. She put in cancellation and then sent me to the VIP line. Woman there gave me more credits and honestly I’m unsure what they are but the credits she offered sent my bill down to be $48/month (plus tax, so $51 or so total). No contract. $51 a month for 2 DVRs, Xtra amd Sunday Ticket is hard to say no to. I couldn’t.

I accepted it. I might cancel still in a few months but that’s $20 cheaper than YTTV and I’ll watch some Sunday Ticket I guess (last season on DTV).

·
Icon
3,409 Posts
Nice I keep reading about this "all included " package i may need to call

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
Nice I keep reading about this "all included " package i may need to call
All included doesn't change the bill, it just presents less line items on the bill. There are several things that aren't included in "All Included" such as additional TV fees and RSN fees. "All Included" is DIRECTV's version of everyone else's "unlimited" in our modern world of misleading plan naming.

·
Icon
3,409 Posts
I'm on the 10 10 3 plan. So $23

"All included " would be 25?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
1,322 Posts
Customer since 2008, bill creep had my old grandfathered Xtra package up to $117/month and I called a few weeks ago to no avail. Decided we don’t watch much TV anymore so was going to cancel for YTTV. I have no loyalty to any company.

Called today to cancel (main 800 #). Agent offered $30 off but that wasn’t anything I cared about. She put in cancellation and then sent me to the VIP line. Woman there gave me more credits and honestly I’m unsure what they are but the credits she offered sent my bill down to be $48/month (plus tax, so $51 or so total). No contract. $51 a month for 2 DVRs, Xtra amd Sunday Ticket is hard to say no to. I couldn’t.

I accepted it. I might cancel still in a few months but that’s $20 cheaper than YTTV and I’ll watch some Sunday Ticket I guess (last season on DTV).
Lol ride the promos out if it's cheaper than yttv!!!

·
1,322 Posts
called in and complained about channels breaking up and freezing telling em my signal levels are at 98%. lucky i had a rep that was close to the engineering team. she was cool and gave me an 80.00 credit since this should have been figured out months ago and that it's something between the station and them..

·
5 Posts
I asked them 15 months ago to switch me to Directv Stream or whatever it was called back then and they gave me 40 dollar a month discount for a year to stay with the regular
Directv service. At this point the only decent internet service I can get is a AT&T wireless hot spot that is unlimited as long as I keep Directv and I use about 1.5 terabytes a month so
I will be keeping Directv till T-Mobile lets me have their home service.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have already been notified that I am getting NFL ST Max for free this season which is nice. However, my $60 per month discount is expiring so I made the call to Loyalty/Retention at 1-800-824-9077 today. I have not been converted to AT&T.

I am happy to report that the $60 off for 12 months promo has been extended for another 12 months. I have investigated a few streaming services and I am still happy with DIRECTV service and channel lineup. I have been an XTRA subscriber for years. Since the $60 per month discount was extended, I inquired about getting DIRECTV service on two additional TVs.

It required a 24 month commitment, but I am ok with it at this point - at least for 12 more months. I think the cost to end service early while in a contract is $10 per month for any remaining commitment time.

They offered two 4K Genie Minis added for free (normally $99 each), and waived the $49 installation fee since I signed up for Protection Plan (first month free; then $8.99 per month). I can drop the Protection Plan at any point after installation, so I am not locked into that. The two additional receivers will be an extra $14 per month, but considering the other savings and the convenience they will provide, that is ok too.

Overall, I am a happy DIRECTV customer as I have been for 20+ years.

·
Mentor
65 Posts
I got $60/month off for 12 months last year.. it just expired so I called to "cancel" and was offered $55/month off for another 12 months. I agreed to stay again. The call was painful - transferred 3-4 times, each next person was supposed to be a supervisor with authority to offer a discount, but in reality wasn't until last person.

I did NOT ask for ST for free. Last year after my deal I didn't get the email offer (18 yr subscriber so probably would have gotten it otherwise). So I hit them up in chat, said I'd gotten the email but it wasn't showing in my account yet. They "fixed" it immediately so I was golden. I'll play that same game again in a few days.

3341 - 3360 of 3362 Posts