DBSTalk Forum banner
3461 - 3480 of 3516 Posts

· Mentor
53 Posts
I used the 800-824-9077 number and had no luck. They tried to reduce my package but that wasnt an option for me. Then they transferred me to "cancellation" and he couldnt offer me anything either. I had a $40 and $30 credit but the $40 expired last month. My bill is now about $143/month. I've been with DTV for over 20 years. I mentioned that the family wants me to move to YTTV or similar to get us below $100 per month. Does anyone have any new strategies when calling in?
Unfortunately for me I just went ahead and cancelled and made the switch to YTTV. After being disconnected from DTV for about a week I started getting offers for prepaid cards and $80 a month to come back. If they would have offered that in the first place I would not of left. However I have been very happy with YTTV.

13 Posts
Try going through Twitter or Facebook messaging. For some reason it seems easier there to get a 2nd discount when you already have 1 discount on your account. At least it worked for me via Twitter. I currently have a $40 and a $25 per month discount.
I just posted on Twitter, how long is it usually before you get a response? Thanks

13 Posts
I just posted on Twitter, how long is it usually before you get a response? Thanks
Sometimes minutes. Sometimes hours. Sometimes up to a day. I have never had to wait more than a day.
Thanks for the suggestion. I got someone in about 15 minutes and after another 20 minutes or so going back and forth, the credit was put back on and credited. Much easier than my experiences over the phone. Appreciate it!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Called the 800 531-5000 number and asked for 'cancel retention'. Girl was pleasant and offered $50 per month (had $45 before). I asked for $60 for two years (even with commitment) and she said $50 was all she could offer. She said commitments only apply to new customers - that was a surprise to me. I asked for free MLB Extra Innings and after being placed on hold got an offer of one-time credit of $25. I took the $50 per month and one-time credit of $25.

I have Choice Xtra Classic with one HD DVR with the obligatory regional fee and Sports pack for a monthly charge of $184.65 Still no great shakes but I like the MLB Extra innings with dual announcers (not available with other cable providers) and quick channel changes (which you cannot get with MLB TV on-line).

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Too early for MLB EI lol

· Cool Member
27 Posts
My $30/month discount for Premier package ends 01/06/23 called 1-800-531-5000 (800-824-9077 is shut down and refers you to 800-531-5000) for new discount and requested retention agent, then agent told me no offers available, was sent to supervisor and best I could get was $20/month, I said no.
Both agents said system shows no discounts available and recommended to call back after current discount ends 3 days from now to try again.

I had wanted to use the Directv streaming device instead of Firestick for DirecTv app and called number on streaming website to see if I could obtain Streaming device, phone chain brought me back to Directv support and she sent me to a Directv migration/loyalty agent.

That agent said I could only get the DirecTV streaming device if I migrated off Satellite to Streaming service only.
That stinks because DTV also promotes using DTV Streaming for Satellite only customers.
and
The agent also said no discounts available for my account right now.
Sure hope a discount become available when current discount ends in 3 days.
I been with DTV since 1998 and have premier package and a couple add on services and the $30 per month discount not huge discount compared others I have seen in forum.

· Premium Member
4,093 Posts
My $30/month discount for Premier package ends 01/06/23 called 1-800-531-5000 (800-824-9077 is shut down and refers you to 800-531-5000) for new discount and requested retention agent, then agent told me no offers available, was sent to supervisor and best I could get was $20/month, I said no.
Both agents said system shows no discounts available and recommended to call back after current discount ends 3 days from now to try again.

I had wanted to use the Directv streaming device instead of Firestick for DirecTv app and called number on streaming website to see if I could obtain Streaming device, phone chain brought me back to Directv support and she sent me to a Directv migration/loyalty agent.

That agent said I could only get the DirecTV streaming device if I migrated off Satellite to Streaming service only.
That stinks because DTV also promotes using DTV Streaming for Satellite only customers.
and
I been with DTV since 1998 and have premier package and a couple add on services and the $30 per month discount not huge discount compared others I have seen in forum.
The streaming box (Gemini box) you are talking about is available only in select test markets for people that have the HS17. There is a $7.00 per month charge for it as it is basically a client connected to the HS17 either wired or wirelessly. It does not stream DirecTV satellite. It uses the satellite feed from the HS17. The app you are talking about does not have all channels and you can't watch content from a DVR. Only OnDemand versions of what is on your DVR can be watched if available. Not sure if that app is even available to install on the Gemini box.

· Icon
1,197 Posts

and
i would have taken the $20...and then called back in a couple of months to see if you can get an add on.. again.. i had a big discount and was offered about half and told them NO.. and got NOTHING FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR..

· Premium Member
11,518 Posts
i would have taken the $20...and then called back in a couple of months to see if you can get an add on.. again.. i had a big discount and was offered about half and told them NO.. and got NOTHING FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR..
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. DIRECTV offered you something and you refused. I fail to see how you're the injured party.

· Registered
150 Posts
I received my e-mail confirmation for new 12 month contract, with same Satellite Ultimate Pkg + Regional Sports + ATT DSL Internet, this afternoon. Received the same Loyalty Offer as in 2022, for both Satellite and ATT Internet. The Loyalty Dept spoke person was located in Idaho, and very accommodating with prompt email confirmation. 1080i or 1080P + Netflix 4K, fits our bill. We have 3 TVs

We've been a DTV customer since Fall of 94' and b/4 that, I think it was Hughes. Back then, I installed our dish and my wife would yell out, if I had the correct dish aiming or not. AT&T TV has been good to us, through the years!

· Go Pack Go!!!!
2,805 Posts
Yea and people will really feel injured if I disclose that I get a $70, a $35 and another $35 off every month. 👀

oopsies.

Reactions: David Ortiz
3461 - 3480 of 3516 Posts