DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got good signal on both tuners, but it failed to record The Unit, Smith and CSI Miami last week. I heard Smith was cancelled from CBS, but the other two recorded fine on the HR10.

Houston Locals if that helps narrow down.

22 items in the Prioritizer too.

The Unit is #1, CSI Miami #3. Just doesn't make sense.

Would be nice to know why a recording was cancelled. Add that to the wish list. :)

·
Godfather
270 Posts
noobie937 said:
Got good signal on both tuners, but it failed to record The Unit, Smith and CSI Miami last week. I heard Smith was cancelled from CBS, but the other two recorded fine on the HR10.

Would be nice to know why a recording was cancelled. Add that to the wish list. :)
Yes! Even when there are absolutely, positively no conflicts.

I'm also getting "Partial" A LOT. It has missed EVERY episode of Desperate Housewives, even after recreating the Series Link. It also missed the season premier of Lost and a number of other programs.

At least I'm not getting black screens anymore. Knock on wood.

I wish I knew what was going on.

Paul

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
pgfitzgerald said:
Yes! Even when there are absolutely, positively no conflicts.

I'm also getting "Partial" A LOT. It has missed EVERY episode of Desperate Housewives, even after recreating the Series Link. It also missed the season premier of Lost and a number of other programs.

At least I'm not getting black screens anymore. Knock on wood.

I wish I knew what was going on.

Paul
The only reason I've seen an episode cancelled is when I did a red button reset and the guide didn't populate by the time the episode was to record.

·
Godfather
270 Posts
Vinny said:
The only reason I've seen an episode cancelled is when I did a red button reset and the guide didn't populate by the time the episode was to record.
That would make sense, but I haven't reset the box since last Wednesday after recieving the latest software update.

Let's see...

Desperate Housewives Yesterday at 8:00pm was canceled... oh wait! Apparently, there's a conflict with a long deleted series link. What the heck? Guess I'll recreate the Housewives Series Link yet again. :)

Lost Wed 10/4 at 8:00pm Canceled and Criminal Minds 10/4 at 8:00pm Recorded. Nothing else within, oh darn it! Lost is 61 minutes long isn't it. There was a conflict with Good Eats Wed 10/4 at 9:00pm.

Seems I need to take better care setting things up in the prioritizer. :lol:

Paul

·
AllStar
79 Posts
I posted in another thread about the hang I had while we were on vacation (hung early in the morning the second day of a 5 day vacation :( ). After it hung, which it apparently did because it freaked out and "forgot" to stop recording the Flintstones and instead recorded until it took up 30% of the disk, all of the other history items showed as partial (none of them were in the VOD after rebooting, and I couldn't see the VOD without rebooting) except one, which showed as cancelled, even though there were no conflicts in sight. It doesn't really matter since it would not have recorded anyway, but it is odd that only that one show appeared asa "cancelled".

-- robert

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pgfitzgerald said:
Lost is 61 minutes long isn't it.
Hmmm, is that by default or did you extend an extra minute? Going to have to check actual lengths of shows when I get home tonight I guess.

Sure wish this thing was as smart as my 6 year old UTV... :)

·
Godfather
270 Posts
noobie937 said:
Hmmm, is that by default or did you extend an extra minute? Going to have to check actual lengths of shows when I get home tonight I guess.

Sure wish this thing was as smart as my 6 year old UTV... :)
The history shows it was supposed to air between 8:00p - 9:01p

Paul

·
Godfather
270 Posts
noobie937 said:
Went back and looked at mine. All of them were 8:00 - 9:00 at least on the ones that got "cancelled".
Lost is on again tonight and is scheduled for 8:00p - 9:01p. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Paul

·
Banned
614 Posts
noobie937 said:

So far I have not experienced that problem.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
I had a similar problem a few weeks back. For some reason I had to cancel the series link on both the HD and SD feed. Even though I never set it up for the SD feed. After I did that I went back and set it to record the series on the channel I wanted and it worked fine. Don't know if that is what is happening with you guys, but it's worth a shot:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.