DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 2 brand new outta the box HR20's defective. The problem is really bad pixelization and audio dropouts on many of the channels. I know it's not a signal issue as I am getting really strong signal. I know it's not a cable issue because I've unhooked the cables and used them on my HR10-250 and no problems. So, process of elimination says it's bad boxes. Tech help on the phone with DirecTV has been no help whatsoever. SO, now they are sending me out my 3rd receiver to try. Has anyone else out there experienced this problem with these receivers?? DirecTV made it sound like it was very odd that it has happened on both receivers sent to me...

If anyone can help me out...PLEASE DO!!!

·
DBSTalk Club Member
561 Posts
the two HR20's I have worked perfectly out of the box. None of the problems many on here seem to have.

·
Legend
203 Posts
musiclover408 said:
I have had 2 brand new outta the box HR20's defective. The problem is really bad pixelization and audio dropouts on many of the channels. I know it's not a signal issue as I am getting really strong signal. I know it's not a cable issue because I've unhooked the cables and used them on my HR10-250 and no problems. So, process of elimination says it's bad boxes. Tech help on the phone with DirecTV has been no help whatsoever. SO, now they are sending me out my 3rd receiver to try. Has anyone else out there experienced this problem with these receivers?? DirecTV made it sound like it was very odd that it has happened on both receivers sent to me...

If anyone can help me out...PLEASE DO!!!
Describe "many of the channels'? Are they HD locals etc? I have had numerous issues with pixelation, audio drop outs etc, but is has always been tracked back to the network themselves, not the box.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not using this to get the MPEG4 HD Locals. I don't have the new dish. I am getting pixelization on different channels at different times. Almost all of my standard def locals are bad... Cinemax, sports channels, hell, even their preview channel 500 was bad... To be honest I didn't even try any of the HD channels like HDnet, etc because I was just so pissed to be having the same problem with the 2nd brand new box! So, I can guarantee you that these problems are not network problems...since it's happening on so many different types of channels and networks.

·
Mentor
45 Posts
musiclover408 said:
I am not using this to get the MPEG4 HD Locals. I don't have the new dish. I am getting pixelization on different channels at different times. Almost all of my standard def locals are bad... Cinemax, sports channels, hell, even their preview channel 500 was bad... To be honest I didn't even try any of the HD channels like HDnet, etc because I was just so pissed to be having the same problem with the 2nd brand new box! So, I can guarantee you that these problems are not network problems...since it's happening on so many different types of channels and networks.
I am having a similar problem, but the HD channels are much better than regular. Very little pixelation if any. One of the worst is FX. They are sending me a new box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.