DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Legend
162 Posts
I have been having problems with the slow channel change, but it was never a bad problem in my opinion, since I am not much of a channel surfer. As far as the interactive features with NFT ST, I have been having alot of problems with it. Sometimes it works, others, it won't even call it up, even though the box indicates it recieved the call from the remote by dimming the power button light for an instant.
Kevin

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
I've been too busy resetting to see if I am now enabled for 0X104. :)

cheers,
Tom

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
joejhawk said:
You are definitely not alone, mine has been very slow. I don't like doing the RBR because I don't like being without a guide for a day. I guess I'll try it tonight.
It could be a memory leak. We all got 0xFA at about the same time and probably all rebooted at about the same time.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
spolaski said:
Funny, Sunday Ticket was terrible for me (delay-wise). And I couldn't get the interactive features to work as well. (A lot of folks would consider that a feature, not a bug -- but I like it)
By slow I assume you mean GUI performance?

I noticed at times (and usually with a fresh channel change) a loss in frames per second. It would stabilize after a few seconds.

·
Legend
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Radio Enginerd said:
By slow I assume you mean GUI performance?

I noticed at times (and usually with a fresh channel change) a loss in frames per second. It would stabilize after a few seconds.
Yes - the GUI was very slow and the channel changing was unusually slow (even for the HR20). I didn't watch TV at all before work today, so I don't know if it persists or if it fixed itself. The GUI was so slow at times I was thinking, "this thing's going to crash any second now". I had a bunch of stuff set to record last night so I didn't want to reset the unit and have all my recordings cancelled. If it's still messed up tonight when I get home I'll RBR.

·
Legend
129 Posts
Mine hasn't acted any different than when I first hooked it up, but the channel changing is pathetically slow. I'm just too darned impatient I guess. Things could be worse.:sure:

·
Legend
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I just thought I'd close the loop on this thread. Without performing an RBR the HR20 was back up to full speed when I got home from work yesterday. I can only guess that it managed to clean up whatever its problem was on Sunday while performing its housecleaning.

I still don't know what its problem was on Sunday, what made it better, how to replicate the problem or even how to avoid it.

·
Cool Member
31 Posts
I first noticed it on Sunday. It was taking forever just to get the guide to move up or down. I never timed it, but I would say it was taking at least 10 seconds for the guide to respond. On Monday night it was still bad, so I did a RBR that fixed it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.