DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to give the HR20 the benefit of the doubt and figured that since PPV recording wasn't disabled like so many other features, that it should work. Well, I was wrong and found another major annoyance. First off, when trying to view the movie, I received a pop-up telling me that the Phone Line wasn't connected. Phone line is connected, it passes the phone test and caller-id even works. Called D*, CSR sent across something that enabled viewing of the program and the pop-up disappeared.

At about 30 seconds into the show it starts pixelating. Then the audio drops out, comes back, drops out... This continued on and off throughout the first 20 minutes of the show. I gave trying to watch after that. Rewinding, fast forwarding, pausing/resuming had no effect.

Yes, I have good signal, I did the red button reset, same problem. This may not be the worst Consumer Electrincs device ever made, but it is the worst experience I have ever had with one.

· AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twosted said:
Sorry man, I have Netflix. I do watch UFC on PPV and haven't had these problems.
Thanks. I just signed up for Netflix. I didn't realize that Netflix would provide HD-DVD or BluRay if they have it for that title and you have specified a preferred format. pretty cool. I will never use PPV again on the HR20.

· Godfather
340 Posts
HaiChinGow said:
Thanks. I just signed up for Netflix. I didn't realize that Netflix would provide HD-DVD or BluRay if they have it for that title and you have specified a preferred format. pretty cool. I will never use PPV again on the HR20.
You're welcome. And thank you too, I also was unaware that they have HD-DVDs.:hurah:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.