DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
79 Posts
My PI (as well as SWM) are in the attic, and in deep south TX that probably is not a great idea. However, both of these have been in the attic now for about 4 months without any obvious problems. I have the PI on a UPS there also and, as I say, so far have had no problems. I have the thermostat on the attic fan set at about 100 and it does come on daily. The only real precaution I've taken is to purchase a back-up PI... just in case.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
I live in the Atlanta area and have 2 PI's in my attic and have had no problems.

I do have an attic fan which kicks in at around 90 but there have been a couple of times which I have gone up there and swore it was at least 110.

· Hall Of Fame
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mhendrixsr said:
My PI (as well as SWM) are in the attic, and in deep south TX that probably is not a great idea. However, both of these have been in the attic now for about 4 months without any obvious problems. I have the PI on a UPS there also and, as I say, so far have had no problems. I have the thermostat on the attic fan set at about 100 and it does come on daily. The only real precaution I've taken is to purchase a back-up PI... just in case.
Thats not a bad idea, I usually keep a backup LNB

Mertzen said:
Thats the one Im asking about, mine :D

· Registered
2,570 Posts
Ok so the PI is rated to 132 degrees. If you have them in an attic (and it appears that you do) you may want to consider moving them. If your attic never gets that hot. Well no worries then. If you are like me and live where its hot for 8 months. It goes inside. I believe once its over that 132 degree mark. It could cause problems. Including burnout. VOS may know better about that though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.