DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Godfather
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR10-250 now, but need to add another HD DVR. I could go the eBay route and get another hr10-250 or just get a HR20-700. I will not be trading in my hr10-250 and will probably keep my 3-lnb oval dish for awhile since locals in HD are not available in my area. Hell, locals in SD aren't available either. I am in Lubbock, TX. Population 200,000. I will have to do the install myself if I decide to go to the new dish since my billing and service addresses are different (that is another story :)) Anyways, I'm thinking of getting a HR20-700 so I can dive into the madness, but don't want to regret not getting another hr10-250 instead. Any thoughts?

· Godfather
328 Posts
RxMan1 said:
I have an HR10-250 now, but need to add another HD DVR. I could go the eBay route and get another hr10-250 or just get a HR20-700. I will not be trading in my hr10-250 and will probably keep my 3-lnb oval dish for awhile since locals in HD are not available in my area. Hell, locals in SD aren't available either. I am in Lubbock, TX. Population 200,000. I will have to do the install myself if I decide to go to the new dish since my billing and service addresses are different (that is another story :)) Anyways, I'm thinking of getting a HR20-700 so I can dive into the madness, but don't want to regret not getting another hr10-250 instead. Any thoughts?
Which ever you decide you will be able to use the hr10 or 20 with the dish you have. (Without HD locals as you said).

· Legend
125 Posts
RxMan1 said:
If you dont care about locals the HR10 will be alot cheaper to get.

3 Posts
RxMan1 said:
Another thing to consider - the new 20-700 is NOT TiVo based - i got my 20-700 a few days ago and actualy prefer the new DVR interface compared to TiVo- but will take some time to get used to...

189 Posts
I have the oval dish and the HR20-700. The HR20-700 has worked flawlessly for me. I am happy with the set up and would buy another HR20-700 in a heart-beat.:roundandr

· Godfather
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear some positive feedback! I come from that 'other' forum and the negativity around this DVR and the other one borders on out of control. I mean, it's still just TV. :)

6 Posts
RxMan1 said:
I have an HR10-250 for sale. Just had comcast installed today because of poor HD Quality from Directv. I have an HR20 but I need to send that back. I purchased the HR10-250 for $299 last year and will sell it for half that price. Cheaper than ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.