DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there's already a thread about this, I apologize. I searched but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have the new Humax LD2060 LCD TV with the D* built in? If so, what do you think so far? How's the picture?

I went to my local Best Buy this past weekend to check it out. Spent an hour there while they tried to figure out how to get it hooked up to their D* feed. They finally did but, since it wasn't registered, all that would come in was the sales channel. The picture looked awful. Lots of pixelation and artifacts. I'm hoping that was a result of the quality of their feed and the noisy environment. Definitely wouldn't buy it based on what I saw, but I'd love to hear from anyone who actually owns it and has it working in a "real" environment.

Thanks much.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
I do. :)
I have been working on the review over the last week or so... I should have it completed by the end of the week.

There are some others out there that already have it... and have done some reviews as well

· Godfather
438 Posts
I personally think its overpriced, since you cant use it for HD.

The flat screen looked nice, but when I tried to use it on the call center floor, it has composite and component inputs, but no HD settings...WTF??? all the SD settings and operation are the same as the D10-11 series, the picture does look good, and at wide angles, but...PRICE PEOPLE!

Nice 20" LCD screen...going to waste with SD for $600.00...I could see it for at least 33% cheaper, and saving space is nice, but geez! I'm cheap, and at the current price point, that thing has a niche I don't understand.

NOTE: a great review that says it all, and a "youtube" style video review to boot:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Humax_LD2060/4505-6482_7-31929415.html

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, no doubt it is overpriced. The niche, though, is one I unfortunately understand. I've got this great spot on my kitchen wall for a small flat panel, but no place to put the receiver box and no easy way to get any cables to that spot other than the one RG6 and one cat5 that's there already. So, if I thought I'd be happy with the picture, I'd probably be willing to pay the premium.

· Godfather
340 Posts
kragswei13 said:
Yeah, no doubt it is overpriced. The niche, though, is one I unfortunately understand. I've got this great spot on my kitchen wall for a small flat panel, but no place to put the receiver box and no easy way to get any cables to that spot other than the one RG6 and one cat5 that's there already. So, if I thought I'd be happy with the picture, I'd probably be willing to pay the premium.
Just get a cheaper LCD and run a cable from a box you know will not be in use when you are in the kitchen. That's what I did. I ran a cable from my bedroom into my kitchen. I ran into a problem when I switched the bedroom receiver to the H20. No coax output. It was easily resolved by buying a RF modulator. And since the remote is RF capable I can use the extra RC24 I have to control the H20 from the kitchen.

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
My kitchen TV is within eye and ear shot of my lving room TV. With satellite, I found it necessary to feed both from the same satellite receiver in order to keep them synchronized. So I have a modulated feed from the living room DVR that is fed to the kitchen TV - I just leave it on the modulated channel and whenever I changed channels in the LR, the kitchen TV follows right along.

Carl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.