DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pause live TV and then hit play. It sometimes jumps right to real time and others it starts off where it was paused.

Then I cant catch up all the way even if i fast forward there is still green showing on the bar when it automatically goes to play. the only way i can actually get to real live time tv is to change the channel.

Is this a known problem.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Yes....this a known issue. Seems to have surfaced with last software update.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Yes, I had it happen on two programs so far (and only those two), both "semi-live" (meaning, I was not specifically recording them, just watching them and occasionally pausing and catching up as I stopped to go do other things). One was an MPEG4 HD local football game and one was an MPEG2 HD national feed (ESPN HD Sunday morning). Everything else (SD or HD) has paused and resumed just fine.

·
Legend
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LameLefty said:
Yes, I had it happen on two programs so far (and only those two), both "semi-live" (meaning, I was not specifically recording them, just watching them and occasionally pausing and catching up as I stopped to go do other things). One was an MPEG4 HD local football game and one was an MPEG2 HD national feed (ESPN HD Sunday morning). Everything else (SD or HD) has paused and resumed just fine.
yeah the catching up problem is always there. i can never catch up to live TV no matter what. only switch channels at comercial does it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.