DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting last night ESPN is not coming in in HD for me any more. My HR20-600 is outputting back to 480i for some reason, and it won't work even when I manually set the resolution to 720p or 1080i. I have it set correctly in the menu, as I double-checked. It's coming in on HD fine on my H-20 that I have in my bedroom though. Weird. :confused:

· Godfather
253 Posts
repoman75 said:
Last night on ESPN, the football game, my screen looked like it had split.
Mine too, I was watching the pre-game and there was a horizontal line across the screen.

· Cool Member
19 Posts
repoman75 said:
Last night on ESPN, the football game, my screen looked like it had split.
I also had this problem on ESPN (206). I then switched to ESPN on (73) and started to watch the game on that channel because it didn't have the same problem. After about 20 minutes I switched back to channel 206 and the split or line in the middle of the screen was gone and the picture quality was perfect. It was definitely a problem with just channel 206 because I didn't notice the problem on any other channel I switched to. I know channel 73 is the mpeg-2 channel but I didn't notice a difference in picture quality between it and the mpeg-4 channel 206.

· Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had the problem, and yes it started with the football game last night. I did double check, and I was on the HD feed of ESPN. I still had the problem this morning though. I will check it when I get home from work today.

· Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I also noticed is that no matter what screen mode I chose I had a black line at the top with a little bit of the picture showing above it. It's never done that before, and only happened with the HR-20's, not the H-20 I have in the bedroom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.