DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a lot of troubles with the HD package since yesterday. All of the channels in the 70's are breaking up on me badly. I checked the signal strength:

110: Transponder 8:82
110: Transponder 10: 79
110: Transponder 12: 76

There are some grey clouds out, but it is partly sunny, no rain. Also, it is only the channels in the 70's. My local HD's and regular channels are coming in fine.

Any idea why this would start up out of nowhere?

·
Banned
614 Posts
patsrule316 said:
I have been having a lot of troubles with the HD package since yesterday. All of the channels in the 70's are breaking up on me badly. I checked the signal strength:

There are some grey clouds out, but it is partly sunny, no rain. Also, it is only the channels in the 70's. My local HD's and regular channels are coming in fine.

There is no signal quality difference with a signal strength of 65 versus 85. 65 is the minimum recommended to get a signal with no issues, except during heavy rain. It's always best to try to maximize signal quality and get the highest possible signal to prevent rain fade etc. Based on the numbers your reporting you should not be having any problems with your reception of HD.:confused:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Actually... 119 isn't spot beamed.

I only have zeros on 23 and 31

·
Legend
161 Posts
I had minor breakup on HBO-HD, TNTHD, SHO-HD all weekend, but no problems on ESPN/ESPN2. Don't think my dish has moved--but I am about to get a new AT9 so I am not going to bother and check it. Been sunny here and nothing else has changed--I have never had that problem before. When my kids get off of the TV I'll check my transponder #s.

·
AllStar
69 Posts
During the Vikings game today on HD local it started doing a lot of pixilation, audio dropouts and the 30 second slip was freezing up. I did a red button reboot but still had problems now at the start of the Cowboy/Eagels game. The weather is fine outside. What is happening. Bad hard drive?

·
Mentor
36 Posts
During different times yesterday, I noticed that ESPN HD was breaking up. It was mostly during college gameday.

I was wondering if other people were having problems too.

patsrule316 said:

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem was gone this morning. My signals for 110 were around 90 now instead of mid 70's, and everything is crystal clear.

Is it possible they lowered the signal strength of the HD channels when they added the HD Sunday ticket channels this weekend?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,135 Posts
patsrule316 said:
The problem was gone this morning. My signals for 110 were around 90 now instead of mid 70's, and everything is crystal clear.

Is it possible they lowered the signal strength of the HD channels when they added the HD Sunday ticket channels this weekend?
Yes. I say this because of the turning of TNT during football, then turning of HDNET
during football.

Then when they left TNT on because of a race I had constant dropout due to
overcast skies.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
"Is it possible they lowered the signal strength of the HD channels when they added the HD Sunday ticket channels this weekend?"

They might reduce the bandwidth dedicated to them, but not reduce the strength of the transponders.

·
AllStar
107 Posts
I have constantly had problems with pixilation mostly on Sunday-Tuesday nights and all of them on the 110 sat. I called and a tech came over (twice), replaced all of the connections and checked the signals - no problem. After he leaves, it happens again. The set I have upstairs (H20) has no problem onthe same channels, so it cannot be the dish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.