DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thanks for the great forum here! I have finally made the move to HD and got the HR20 installed last Saturday.

Leaving its shortcomings aside (moved from a UTV), I had to red button reset and then unplug the power yesterday due to choppy playback issues and then again today due to the "do you want to delete" when starting a playback issue.
Unfortunately today it has not come back from the resets. I see the blue power light come on and go off and the TV seems to be responding to some sort of input change every now and then, but no menus or any other picture ever comes up.
After a few hours of this I called D* support and they are shipping a new receiver... While that is great customer service response... it doesn't really cover the entire problem since this is a DVR. I have now lost all our unwatched primetime TV from Tuesday to today!! This equals extremely upset wife.

I know others have reported similar unresponsiveness, has anyone else experienced this and been able to recover from it?

Thanks for any input.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
If you're using HDMI, try unplugging that from both the receiver and TV and try rebooting with component, S-Video, or composite. If you get back to normal, you can try adding back the HDMI. Sometimes the handshake can cause problems for some.

·
Legend
179 Posts
I had this problem and discovered if I pressed the power button after the light went out it would start up and finish the reset.

Hope this helps

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Mine in the bedroom was totally unresponsive the other night. No picture, no blue lights, nothing. Had to unplug it and reset it twice before it would finally come up to the satellite screen. Had the delete issue on the one in the living room the night before last. Reset fixed as well. I have 3 of these units.

They were working flawlessly until this last update, I was VERY happy. Now the machines seem plagued with bugs. Lockups, poor guide data response, constant resets, and the "do you want to delete" issue.

Looks like its a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite.

:mad:

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick responses, no HDMI, I just tried unplugging it for a bit and then after plugging it back in, pressing the power button on the receiver as soon as the blue light went off... it is now going through the normal setup routines... THANKS Bruce!! We'll see how things go for the rest of the day... it seems to be looping through the initial setup "1 of 2" screens at the moment...

So much for tier 2 customer service from D*... that should be something they try right away...

·
Legend
179 Posts
Have you tried the reset again. Also if this keeps happening try a re-fromat.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
One of my units had a bit of trouble after a software upgrade so I forced another upgrade and was fine after that.

When you see the first welcome screen press 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote control. That will tell the unit to look for the most recently enabled upgrade for your unit.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.